PDA

View Full Version : Question on where and how to sell my new flex 3401

Derek Short
04-13-2012, 02:57 PM
I purchased quite a few things from AG over the past 6 month or so and one of the things i purchased was a flex 3401 as well as 2 other DA polishers.

I bought the flex 3401 for later on down the road when i was ready for a DA rotary buffer. But i am pretty happy with my GG6 and GG3 buffers, and don't think i will be using it. maybe someday i dunno.... but its currently just sitting in the box in my garage doing nothing but taking up space. I was gonna call AG and see if i could return it but its already been a few months since i purchased it and i doubt they would be willing to take it back.
Its brand new in the box and never used.

I didn't see no classified section on the forum or anything like that so was not sure how i should go about posting it for sale.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

rider9195
04-13-2012, 03:03 PM
I would call Autogeek and see if you can return it. If you can find the order slip that was included when you bought it, that would help as well.

RTexasF
04-13-2012, 03:12 PM
There is no classified section. Individual sales are not permitted.

Railroad
04-13-2012, 03:38 PM
I've seen nearly new ones sell fast on eBay, for prices that are just shy of
new ones. If that helps.

Derek Short
04-13-2012, 03:46 PM
I've seen nearly new ones sell fast on eBay, for prices that are just shy of
new ones. If that helps.

i don't use or have an ebay acc. from what i hear they charge a fairly good fee just for using them...

i think AG has like a 30 day return policy and its been well more than 30 days...

2old2change
04-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Try Meguiarsonline or DetailingBliss (there is a supporter fee),Autopia.org.AutopiaCarCare allows trades as well. Good luck with your sale.

BlueZero
04-13-2012, 06:29 PM
There is a wanted to buy post over on Meguiarsonline for a Flex. It was just posted today too. I don't think I'm allowed to post a link.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Nice indirect way to sell your 3401 on here! :laughing: ;)

By the way, you won't burn your paint with the 3401 unless you really TRY to! Like holding it on an edge for a good amount of time. Hell, you can do that with a PC, GG, G11v2 as well.

Derek Short
04-13-2012, 07:53 PM
thanks for the info guys.
im kinda 50/50 on selling it....

im a lil ocd and a bit of a neat freak and i hate when i just have stuff laying around doing nothing. i do plan to use it someday but am pretty happy with the gg6. after i posted this i started doing some more re-search on them vs the gg6 and am thinking about taking it out the box and giving it a try this weekend just to see how much better it is compared to the GG6 im currently using. my biggest fear as most peoples are, is burning the paint. i know its not a rotary and from what ive been reading lots of people say its still hard to burn the paint with the flex 3401 unless ur really trying to. so... i may just give it a try. :buffing:

vettdrm
04-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Once you try the Flex, you might decide to sell the GG

Danube
04-15-2012, 12:11 AM
After I acquired the 3401 all other DA's look like kid's toys to me (no offense to anyone with Da's please). 3401 has power and it doesn't bog down, it spins no matter what pressure you apply .. you know what I mean.

BobbyG
04-15-2012, 06:48 AM
After I acquired the 3401 all other DA's look like kid's toys to me (no offense to anyone with Da's please). 3401 has power and it doesn't bog down, it spins no matter what pressure you apply .. you know what I mean.

It's difficult to argue with common sense.............:props:

ScottB
04-15-2012, 09:35 AM
As offered no selling/reselling on site. I would however suggest keeping the Flex. I know of several selling them only to come back later and buy another one.

umi000
04-15-2012, 06:17 PM
I'd at least try it out on a couple of panels to see whether or not you do like it. If not, there are other forums that do allow buying and selling.

Buggy Bath
04-15-2012, 06:28 PM
I just bought one and thought of returning to AG but I used it and am very happy with it. I would consider selling the others. I watched a youtube video putting the Flex against the Porter Cable and the Flex appeared to perform much better.