PDA

View Full Version : another clear coat question

StephenK
04-13-2012, 09:20 AM
i got a H2 coming in next week and was wondering how is the clear coat on these?

my first thought was going with OPT spray compound/polish with LC orange pad on PC. then i thought how big is it and may end up using DeWalt 849. is the 849 overkill?

SonOfOC
04-13-2012, 09:46 AM
I don't remember the paint being overly soft or hard, but the H2 is a ton of work not only from size, but the height and odd panels. I ended up using the PC with a 4" pad a lot, kind of ironic considering the size of the vehicle.

If the paint is bad, I would correct the bulk of it via rotary and finish with the DA.

StephenK
04-13-2012, 09:49 AM
I don't remember the paint being overly soft or hard, but the H2 is a ton of work not only from size, but the height and odd panels. I ended up using the PC with a 4" pad a lot, kind of ironic considering the size of the vehicle.

If the paint is bad, I would correct the bulk of it via rotary and finish with the DA.

thats another way i was thinking of doing it to. right now the customer is debateing between a 1 step or 2 step. and of course it is black

shoeless89
04-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Good luck on a car that big! Even if I just did a 1 step it would probably take me 2 days by the time I washed it, clayed it, taped off everything and polished then sealed it. I can for sure see how 4" pads will come it handy A LOT!

SuperGlide
04-13-2012, 11:11 AM
If your experienced with a rotary I would go that route.

I have polished out black vehicles with a 50/50 wool pad with a quality all in one polish with total paint correction and when looked over outside in the direct light, not a swirl to be seen.

With a little practice 50/50 wool pads save alot of time and with perfect results.

Rsurfer
04-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Is that purple foam wool or a blended wool?
If your experienced with a rotary I would go that route.

I have polished out black vehicles with a 50/50 wool pad with a quality all in one polish with total paint correction and when looked over outside in the direct light, not a swirl to be seen.

With a little practice 50/50 wool pads save alot of time and with perfect results.

SuperGlide
04-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Is that purple foam wool or a blended wool?

Blended Wool