PDA

View Full Version : SSR or XMT?

Pages : [1] 2

P8ntballer597
03-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Hey everyone. Basically what is your favorite. Poorboys SSR series or the Pinnacle XMT series. I would like to avoid as much dusting as possible. Also I'm fairly new to the PC 7424 so if one's easier to use than the other please let me know. Thanks for any feedback.

Nica
03-15-2007, 10:16 PM
I've only used XMT and I find that the only one that happens to dust a little is the XMT#3. The others hardly dust. Keep in mind though that I've never used the Poorboys SSR. I've read great things about the SSR and I'm considering purchasing to test it out but all in do time.

I did a forest green Volvo of mine (well wife's vehicle) and the XMT line up is really nice. It was my first time using the XMT line up and the PC too and I got great results.

Maybe other members will chime in and provide some feed back on Poorboys SSR.

Again just my opinion and it's kinda bias opinion because it's the only product I currently own.

orngez
03-16-2007, 12:29 AM
the ssr line of stuff is great..my one complaint used to be that it always dusted..then a forum member here posted not to use detailing spray or pad conditioner on the pads...and viola...no more dust...the ssr2.5 is the best all around polish...i use it more than ssr1 and have never jumped to ssr3 unles the car finish had horrible oxidation. Even on a 5 year old altima that had never seen a washing and turned my claybar brown, ssr 2.5 finished lsp ready....dont even bother buying ssr2...its pretty much obsolete...check out my gallery if you want to see how ssr line and pb natty blue looks...

Surfer
03-16-2007, 01:45 AM
Yeh been seeing more of that lately, it's amost second nature to prime teh pad with qd'er, apparenty the ones who aren't priming their pads and going straight with the polish aren't getting dusting or gumming up that the SSR line was doing with a primed pad.

Personally I use Opitmum and love it, but I know the SSR stuff has great cutting ability and SSR1 is a nice fina polish, never got any b/c of the dusting but now............

abrcrombe
03-16-2007, 02:42 AM
Can't go wrong with either. My choice is XMT

RallyMSP
03-16-2007, 03:28 AM
Just tried XMT 1 through 3 lastnight. Didn't have any dusting problem with any of them. Kinda disappointed with the XMT cause I still have some swirls that wont go away. Maybe I ned to go to the green E2k pad.

Also I think they have a pleasent smell to them =)

ScottB
03-16-2007, 06:02 AM
go for XMT ... less dust for sure. Optimum would be next choice. Poorboys and Megs dust up quite a bit.

Mike T
03-16-2007, 08:01 AM
I feel like a odd ball. I think I'm the only one who gets dusting with XMT. I've always been a fan of Poorboy's product and have had plenty of success with the SSR line. I've always had dusting with the SSR, but that was to be expected. What pad would you guys use for XMT 2?

supercharged
03-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Hey everyone. Basically what is your favorite. Poorboys SSR series or the Pinnacle XMT series. I would like to avoid as much dusting as possible. Also I'm fairly new to the PC 7424 so if one's easier to use than the other please let me know. Thanks for any feedback.

Pinnacle XMT series is what you should be looking for.

budman3
03-16-2007, 12:23 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you get dusting with the SSR line it is user error. Simple as that. Orngez summed it up pretty well. The SSR line is very user friendly. Easy to use and very easy to remove. SSR2.5 and SSR1 combo with polishing pads will tackle a ton of swirls. I have XMT 1 and 2 and people say it is a light polish compared to others.

Whitethunder46
03-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Pinnacle XMT. With their XMT #4 coming out soon, XMT will be more than likely the top polishing line for the PC 7424 (if it's not already). #4 is going to make XMT a COMPLETE line.

You can get the surface LSP ready with #3-#1 very easily. I'm interested to see what the surface looks like after #4 and a cutting pad.

FASTFRED
03-16-2007, 03:36 PM
I feel like a odd ball. I think I'm the only one who gets dusting with XMT. I've always been a fan of Poorboy's product and have had plenty of success with the SSR line. I've always had dusting with the SSR, but that was to be expected. What pad would you guys use for XMT 2?
You are not alone,
I too get dusting with XMT # 1 AND #3.I prime my pad with a QD and that mimimizes the dusting. I wonder if you are supposse to stop if dusting starts and re apply qd ?

FredIm the MAN

Mike T
03-16-2007, 03:37 PM
I feel better now :cheers:

FASTFRED
03-16-2007, 03:38 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you get dusting with the SSR line it is user error. Simple as that. Orngez summed it up pretty well. The SSR line is very user friendly. Easy to use and very easy to remove. SSR2.5 and SSR1 combo with polishing pads will tackle a ton of swirls. I have XMT 1 and 2 and people say it is a light polish compared to others.
Well would you please tell me the operator who is doing it wrong on how to not get dusting ?

Fred :(

orngez
03-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Well would you please tell me the operator who is doing it wrong on how to not get dusting ?

Fred :(

do not prime your pad with water/qd/pad conditioner.....

before your first go at it...prime the pad with an even layer of polish and rub it in...

a quarter sized drop is all you should be using per panel.....

spread out the polish evenly on a panel before polishing and keep the pad parallel with the surface you are polishing....

if you are getting a lot of dusting you are probably working too big of an area and the polish is drying out before you have a chance to work it in and break it down....