PDA

View Full Version : opticoat 2.0 topper / reload-permanon ?

Pages : [1] 2

poweraid
04-12-2012, 06:51 PM
who's the guru on this matter ? as I been determined to top opticoat 2.0 with either reload or permanon .I have seen and read different application methods so what's the best application method of these 2 products ? perm diluted for 5% solution can give a lot of applications . reload I have seen can be diluted also 1:1 , but should it be ? seems permanon is more cost effective with the dilution ratio of it. for reload , how many application can u get out of a bottle and how often u need to apply or reapply ? so looking for some help and guidance in these products to determine which way to go . thanks in advance .

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pmoxfk

Porsche Pilot
04-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Richy and Old Tiger are the Permanon gurus. Hopefully they will chime in.

CEE DOG
04-12-2012, 08:06 PM
I have used both products and LOVE them both. For me I like them for different applications though. For what your talking about on paint I prefer Reload. For my wheels, calipers, wheel wells, and anywhere else that is intricate permanon is a great tool due to the spray, rinse, blow dry method I employ.

Reload is definitely much cheaper per application. I love Permanon but only seem to get about half the durability that I get from Reload on my paint. Strangely I get great durability on my wheels, calipers, and wells. I have some videos and comparisons with my experiences but I can't link them as I don't think I posted them here out of respect for permanon not being sold by AG.

Actually I just remembered one of them might have made it here. Let me try to find it.

I can tell you Richy and Dad both love Permanon over OC and I look forward to their comments as well.

CEE DOG
04-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Here you are, post number 28 of this post is some application comparisons http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/41502-review-carpro-reload.html.

TroyScherer
04-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Having used both permanon and reload, I would vote for reload. The durability of permanon is lacking in my opinion.

arack
04-12-2012, 09:21 PM
I have to get some ReLoad. Sounds like great stuff.

Bradshaw
04-12-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm a big fan of reload.

poweraid
04-13-2012, 05:08 PM
calling richy and old tiger for some input

Perfections
04-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Permanon on paint is a waste, only last around a month, but like Corey said on wheels and glass it seems to bond much better, so my vote is reload on paint

Old Tiger
04-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Richy and Old Tiger are the Permanon gurus. Hopefully they will chime in.

I have used both products and LOVE them both. For me I like them for different applications though. For what your talking about on paint I prefer Reload. For my wheels, calipers, wheel wells, and anywhere else that is intricate permanon is a great tool due to the spray, rinse, blow dry method I employ.

Reload is definitely much cheaper per application. I love Permanon but only seem to get about half the durability that I get from Reload on my paint. Strangely I get great durability on my wheels, calipers, and wells. I have some videos and comparisons with my experiences but I can't link them as I don't think I posted them here out of respect for permanon not being sold by AG.

Actually I just remembered one of them might have made it here. Let me try to find it.

I can tell you Richy and Dad both love Permanon over OC and I look forward to their comments as well.

My son is right . I prefer Permanon.
I get good durability over OC. The look is fantastic!
Initially, I put Permanon Platinum (PP) in a 2.5 oz Finger pump mister. I spray ~ 2sqft area. I wipe it off with a Griots disposable MF towel. It will waterproof a n MF! I buff with a plush long pile MF. I apply only to paint this way and wipe off immediately. I mix a 5% solution and apply to glass and wheels until it starts to run off. I wipe the glass dry with a disposable MF. I blow dry the wheels and wells with my MB.
Dont cringe but I wash the first 2 or 3 times with ONLY water. The Brits taught me this. Most all washes off with the hose and I wash with a plush MF dipped in water, Dry with the MB but could blot with a foam core wwmf, my towel of choice. This SEEMS to enhance durability. Truth is I boost all with a 5 % solution when the mood strikes me. I am an AutoGeek. I care about appearance only. I cant leave my cars alone enough to ever assess durability. I dont need Aquapel anymore with PP!
I have no doubt about ReLoad being more economical or durable. IMO it doesnt look as good as PP. A good friend of mine with a black truck couldnt apply ReLoad without streaking. He is a much better detailer than me!

Bottom Line is best cost and durability go to ReLoad!
Best Look to me is PP. I mix a 5% solution with 10% IPA for all my interior non porous surfaces too!
Hope this helps!

Ed, thanks! You are way too kind!

timaishu
04-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Can someone explain to me what permanon is? The website seems to describe a coating of sorts.

Are reload and permanon a way to get out your waxing jollies when you car has OC applied to it?

Old Tiger
04-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Can someone explain to me what permanon is? The website seems to describe a coating of sorts.

Are reload and permanon a way to get out your waxing jollies when you car has OC applied to it?
They are both nano sealants. Permanon adds a glass look to OC without adversely affecting the properties that we love about OC.

BobbyG
04-14-2012, 05:51 AM
They are both nano sealants. Permanon adds a glass look to OC without adversely affecting the properties that we love about OC.

Take what Jim says to the bank, he is the Jedi Master of nano coatings!! :props:

Old Tiger
04-14-2012, 07:44 AM
Take what Jim says to the bank, he is the Jedi Master of nano coatings!! :props:
Thanks for the kind words Bob! I am happy to see a lot more interest in coatings this year! I wont even use a traditional sealant or wax anymore. Cant take the dust and pollen!

BobbyG
04-14-2012, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the kind words Bob! I am happy to see a lot more interest in coatings this year! I wont even use a traditional sealant or wax anymore. Cant take the dust and pollen!

If everything goes according to plan, I will be trying Element 119 on my daughters black 2011 Hyundai Elantra...:props: