PDA

View Full Version : She ain't much, But She's all I got.

Bingus
05-13-2006, 12:32 AM
Thanks to the forum I have started renewing the finish on my 1999 Grand Am GT. I bought the PC7424 from Autogeek with pads. (the $189 package that gives you a lot to work with. I used 4 stages using Poor Boys SSR 2.5 with yellow pad, SSR 1 with orange pad, PB Pro polish with white pad and finished with PB EX-P Pure Sealant with a gray pad. Using the instructions I found on Autogeek and from this forum, I did not feel to intimidated finishing this car. I feared I would ruin the paint before I read your help here. Believe it or not this car has only been sealed twice (NU-Finish from the department store) since 1999. This job took out a lot of the oxidization, swirls and water spots. More than anything I got a good feel for this work and one sore arm. Thanks again (ALL) and heres a pic. Like I said it's not much, but it's all I got.

joe.p
05-13-2006, 01:09 AM
the car looks great. Nice job,and it is black too:cheers:

Mike T
05-13-2006, 07:53 AM
Looks great.
I was curious how SSR1 would work on the Orange Pad. I guess great.

ScottB
05-13-2006, 08:30 AM
Looks great.
I was curious how SSR1 would work on the Orange Pad. I guess great.

thats a new one for me too. I prefer SSR 2.5 on a white pad and j eweling the surface with 1.0 and a grey pad. The pics seem to show nice reflection. :awesome:

Mike T
05-13-2006, 08:51 AM
I never thought of 2.5 on a white pad. Hows that combo with light cobbwebbing?

Bingus
05-13-2006, 09:51 AM
Thanks for comments,
I remember why I bought a black car now Joe. Thanks
Mike and Killrwheels, like I said I'm a newbie and I only knew that I want to be aggressive with what I had to start with. There was definately good shine and depth with each pad and polish combo, with visable improvement with each step. I will be reading forum to develop a lighter technique for better shine and depth now that most of the damage is fixed. I definately can't complain with what I got using this combo on a neglected surface.
Sory Mike I wouldn't know about PB 2.5 with a white pad. I just learnd what the color of the pads mean. LOL

BILL
05-13-2006, 10:07 AM
Very nice indeed......and a black car yet.....:cheers:

FloridaNative
05-13-2006, 11:02 AM
Great job! I would never believe that you were a first timer! Good work!

MasterShineBoy
05-13-2006, 05:16 PM
Look amazingly wet! Good work my friend!

DS Detailer
05-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Amazing job. Looks to me like you've been doing this for some time! Looks really good. Now you've just got to maintain it!

Welcome to the land of the walking dead. You'll never escape now. You're an AutoGeek for life.

BILL
05-13-2006, 05:58 PM
And thats a good thing...........:awesome:

Bingus
05-13-2006, 07:19 PM
More thanks to BILL, FloridaNative, MasterShineBoy and DS Detailer.
Very kind and motovating words. DS Detailer believe me, I will not let this car get in the shape it was in again. That black is just too D#@* pretty when it is all dressed up. I plan on keeping it since it is the first year of this body style and it is not manufactured anymore. Besides she only has 31,000 miles on her. Just broken in.

BlackCoupe
05-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks to the forum I have started renewing the finish on my 1999 Grand Am GT. I bought the PC7424 from Autogeek with pads. (the $189 package that gives you a lot to work with. I used 4 stages using Poor Boys SSR 2.5 with yellow pad, SSR 1 with orange pad, PB Pro polish with white pad and finished with PB EX-P Pure Sealant with a gray pad. Using the instructions I found on Autogeek and from this forum, I did not feel to intimidated finishing this car. I feared I would ruin the paint before I read your help here. Believe it or not this car has only been sealed twice (NU-Finish from the department store) since 1999. This job took out a lot of the oxidization, swirls and water spots. More than anything I got a good feel for this work and one sore arm. Thanks again (ALL) and heres a pic. Like I said it's not much, but it's all I got.

I wouldn't say "she ain't much" at all! And BYTW, the reflectivity is awesome--look at the red car reflected in your black car!