PDA

View Full Version : Clean up at cruise night question

unrealford
04-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Lets say you have cleaned up your car and have it all detailed.
Now you have to get to a car show or cruise night.
My question is what products or method do you use to clean it up. I never like wiping it down when its all dusty from the drive.
Ive heard of waterless wash products.Is this what you guys do.?:D

01GreyStangGT
04-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Yep. I use Poorboysworld Spray and Wipe or griots waterless wash. Poorboysworld you can use in the sun.

Tre001
04-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Basically there isn't a million way to go about it I use QD
It never failed me. It really depends on the amount of dust on the car from house to show I really doubt you can accumulate enough dust to use a waterless wash
There are exception of course but overall quick Detailer should be your go to product

unrealford
04-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Basically there isn't a million way to go about it I use QD
It never failed me. It really depends on the amount of dust on the car from house to show I really doubt you can accumulate enough dust to use a waterless wash
There are exception of course but overall quick Detailer should be your go to product

The problem i get is that I apply quite a bit of spray detailer so that I can keep swirls down, but then I get smear marks and the detail spray doesnt seem to work well on Kona Blue..It shows streaks..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Black Car
04-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Ultima waterless wash!!!! Use it with distilled water. It shouldn't streak.

DealerDetailer
04-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Yep. I use Poorboysworld Spray and Wipe or griots waterless wash. Poorboysworld you can use in the sun.

+1 with PoorboysWorld products. You gotta love the fact you can use it in the sun.

Black Car
04-11-2012, 06:44 PM
+1 with PoorboysWorld products. You gotta love the fact you can use it in the sun.

Poorboys or not, doesn't matter what products you have when it's a hot summer day and you are working with a dark colored car...

Ultima or ONR and some shade will go a long way for you OP

Black Car
04-11-2012, 06:48 PM
unreal, the streaking might be from your microfibers. what are you using?

unrealford
04-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Poorboys or not, doesn't matter what products you have when it's a hot summer day and you are working with a dark colored car...

Ultima or ONR and some shade will go a long way for you OP

Thanks guys, whats ONR
IM new to the abbreviations. LoL

DealerDetailer
04-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Black Car, the original post asked what product we used, we've suggested what we used.

Since Black Car we don't know what he was using (it was not posted), heck maybe it was even ONR or Ultima or even Poorboy's. Most of the time if your getting streaking your either using to much product or need to flip the microfiber to a clean side.

Unrealford, what have you been using to clean the surface?

Edit: Now I see he wasn't using ONR.

DealerDetailer
04-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Thanks guys, whats ONR
IM new to the abbreviations. LoL

ONR stands for Optimim No Rinse

Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine: clay lubricant, optimum rinseless wash, no rinse car wash, optimum detailing products (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html)

unrealford
04-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Just bought some cant wait to try it. Thank you everyone I appreciate all the replies.

unrealford
04-11-2012, 07:26 PM
I was washing with 2 bucket method, grit guard, waxed with NX and spray detail with Meguires spray detailer.

Black Car
04-12-2012, 06:42 PM
ford, check out this thread
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/15836-onr-definitive-thread.html

Keep us posted on how it works and what you think of it.