PDA

View Full Version : Layering Wax?? How Long To Wait?????

trhland
03-15-2007, 04:29 PM
I Waxed My Truck The Other Day .after I Waxed It I Did It Again Right Away. Is That Ok ? Or Do You Have To Wait Longer Between Coats?

Nuke33
03-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Its fine to do it twice wait for it to haze buff it off and do another coat, A lot of people do this to insure a even coat

trhland
03-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Its fine to do it twice wait for it to haze buff it off and do another coat, A lot of people do this to insure a even coat cool thanks !. :cheers: :cheers:

bambo2888
03-15-2007, 04:57 PM
i was under the impression that before the second coating, you should wait 12-24 hours, product pending, for it to cure. I know that carnauba actually hardens in this time period, then allowing for another coat.

i guess its ok immediately to ensure you got all the spots, but it wont yield any better protection.

trhland
03-15-2007, 05:01 PM
i was under the impression that before the second coating, you should wait 12-24 hours, product pending, for it to cure. I know that carnauba actually hardens in this time period, then allowing for another coat.

i guess its ok immediately to ensure you got all the spots, but it wont yield any better protection. i thought i heard that too. i dont want to put 2 layers of wax if im wasting my time and im really not doing anything . i dont have a garage so i cant wait 12 hours mytruck will be all full of dust by then. owell:confused:

ScottB
03-15-2007, 05:51 PM
synthetic waxes (ie sealants ) --- typically 4-12 hours wait time.

waxes (carnauba) --- immediate, but point of diminishing return suggest 1 coat is all that needs. 2 coats helps with coverage only, more uniform.

trhland
03-15-2007, 05:54 PM
synthetic waxes (ie sealants ) --- typically 4-12 hours wait time.

waxes (carnauba) --- immediate, but point of diminishing return suggest 1 coat is all that needs. 2 coats helps with coverage only, more uniform. your the best !! thanks !!.