PDA

View Full Version : Doghair...AHHH!!!!

Ryansdetailing
04-10-2012, 06:55 PM
What is it with doghair these days? 5 out of the last 8 vehicles ive done have had so much dog hair its ridiclous! Because it takes so much time to vaccuum uo the dog hair how much extra do you guys charge?

Mobile detail
04-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Sometimes an extra $50. It really depends on the breed of dog. Yes I discriminate, and I'm proud of it. Boxer/lab/hunter dogs hair is super wirey and a pain to get out and it takes forever. Golden retriever hair seems to be pretty easy, so I would charge less.

I've found that the best tools for dog hair are the rubber pet hair brush, a lava rock (supposedly its marketed as a dog hair remover but it looks just like a lava rock lol) and duct tape. Along with a strong vacuum, it takes a while but it will come out.

I hate dog hair. I hate it I tell you! I feel your pain,....

Ryansdetailing
04-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Haha i hate it!!! I felt so bad charging a lady 40 dollars extra but the amount of dog hair in her car was horrible! Them rubber pet hair brushes are great! With a little bit of patience it comes out pretty easy..

Vegas Transplant
04-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Amazon.com: Riccar Handheld Turbo Brush. Fits Most Standard Vacuum Cleaners: Home & Kitchen (http://www.amazon.com/Riccar-Handheld-Brush-Standard-Cleaners/dp/B00106EBG2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1334189868&sr=8-4)

One of these attached to your wet vac makes shorter work.
Many different models and manufacturers.

Most customers are aware of the upcharge...as in, not their first rodeo hand.

ScubaCougr
04-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Another trick to try is a pumice stone. This has worked for me where the rubber pet brush has done nothing.

Mobile detail
04-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Amazon.com: Riccar Handheld Turbo Brush. Fits Most Standard Vacuum Cleaners: Home & Kitchen (http://www.amazon.com/Riccar-Handheld-Brush-Standard-Cleaners/dp/B00106EBG2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1334189868&sr=8-4)

One of these attached to your wet vac makes shorter work.
Many different models and manufacturers.

Most customers are aware of the upcharge...as in, not their first rodeo hand.

Man I got that attachment for my metro vac and blo and it was worthless. It didn't spin or anything!

Ryansdetailing
04-12-2012, 06:35 AM
Ive seen one of those attachments before, didnt think it was very effective..id like to give the stone a try, where can i get that at?

SeaJay's
04-12-2012, 06:55 AM
They make pet hair stones which are similar to pumice stones. However they work much much better! They are more porous then the typical pumice stone and are a life saver. Trust me!

They are more expensive but well worth the extra money.

This is a mini cooper I did a few weeks ago. The owner carries her chocolate lab and yellow lab around in it all the time. The fur was literally embedded in the seat backing and carpets...the pumice stone made it a lot easier. Still took a decent amount of time.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/JPerrydore/doghair.jpg

Jacob Perry
04-12-2012, 07:15 AM
Go to walmart. In the nail polish isle get a pumice stone. You will thank me later

shoeless89
04-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Looks like I need one of these for sure. I hate dog hair.