PDA

View Full Version : How to use LC HT pads?

Pages : [1] 2

fenderpicks
04-10-2012, 03:50 PM
So im getting tired of using just the LC CCS pads...
And i have heard of the LC HT pads are amazing....
But there are only 3 colors...
So which one is used for Swirl removers, polishes, glazes and sealants?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Blue for cutting (M105)
Orange for polihing (M205)
Red for finishing/waxing.

fenderpicks
04-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Is their Blue like the Yellow LC CCS?
Or Orange?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Im not sure hot it compares to the yellow or orange but the blue is pretty coarse. Have yet to use the HT line.

bl3ujay07
04-10-2012, 04:56 PM
I think it cuts like the Orange although I haven't tried the yelllow. However, it finishes a lot nicer. Used it for d151 and it turned out awesome

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

szjalo
04-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Im not sure hot it compares to the yellow or orange but the blue is pretty coarse. Have yet to use the HT line.

The "blue" HT pads just feel coarse, but it works fantastic! Cut so well. I never used yellow flat pad but blue HT pads definitely cut more than orange flat pads. Plus, guarantee you will be shocked how great it finishes!

"Orange" HT pads is by far the most versatile pad in the world. It really can do anything for you except applying LSPs

Rsurfer
04-10-2012, 05:16 PM
:confused: Are you talking about the cyan HT pads or the LC orange pads?

"Orange" HT pads is by far the most versatile pad in the world. It really can do anything for you except applying LSPs

Ron Atchison
04-10-2012, 05:21 PM
I think he's talking about Tangerine and just called it orange.
"Orange" HT pads"

fenderpicks
04-10-2012, 05:22 PM
I got one Blue/White/Black hybird pads that i haven't used...
but im gonna get 3 HT pads anyways

Btw what are u guys using to clean out sealant off of pads....?
Because i used WG DGPS with blue ccs and no matter how hard i try... there is still sealant coming out of the pad....

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-10-2012, 05:24 PM
I soak my pads in DP polishing pad rejuventor over night then hit them with APC the next day and agitate them before going in the wash. Cleans up the seleant pretty well.

Ron Atchison
04-10-2012, 05:51 PM
I got one Blue/White/Black hybird pads that i haven't used...
but im gonna get 3 HT pads anyways

Btw what are u guys using to clean out sealant off of pads....?
Because i used WG DGPS with blue ccs and no matter how hard i try... there is still sealant coming out of the pad....

Put 1/2" or so of solvent in a plastic coffee container with a lid, 5.5 pads just fit. Soak your pads for a few minutes and the sealant will wash right out. I use the solvent quite a few times before dumping it. Wash with dawn to clean the solvent out and they will be good as new. For larger pads you could use a pie pan.

fenderpicks
04-10-2012, 05:59 PM
im using CG pad cleaner to clean my pads and soak...
Maybe is not strong enought i guess

Ron Atchison
04-10-2012, 07:35 PM
I tried dawn, APC, XMT pad cleaner and just about anything else I could think of nothing worked. The sealer will just melt right out of them. I've also used it to clean DG 501. It only takes a couple of minutes for it to disolve the sealer.

fenderpicks
04-10-2012, 07:40 PM
So just wash it with dawn soap o.O?

dad07
04-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Put 1/2" or so of solvent in a plastic coffee container with a lid, 5.5 pads just fit. Soak your pads for a few minutes and the sealant will wash right out. I use the solvent quite a few times before dumping it. Wash with dawn to clean the solvent out and they will be good as new. For larger pads you could use a pie pan.

What kind of solvent are you using? Could you send me a link?