PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Using Meg's HyperDressing on Tires/Trim

BimmerFerret
04-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Hello,

I was curious if I'm the only one to have this problem. I'm using Meg's HD to do my tires / trim on my car and a lot of times after I apply it, the tires turn into an awful milky color after the HD dries. I don't have pics I'm afraid, but it isn't a pretty medium-gloss look I'm shooting for.

For those that use the product, and particular way you apply it that maybe will avoid this issue? I was spraying the HD on a sponge and using it on the tires and a MF cloth for the trim.

I'd like to eventually use this stuff on all of the engine bay components, but I don't want this ugly residue to show up there!

Thanks all.

cwilliams4296
04-10-2012, 11:37 AM
What dilution are you using with Hyper Dressing?

BimmerFerret
04-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Honestly I'm not sure, it has been awhile since I last mixed some together because I'm kind of afraid to use it. I've seen the stuff used on many cars nicer than mine with fantastic results so I'm curious as to what I'm doing wrong!!

BimmerFerret
04-11-2012, 10:12 AM
bump for advice.

How do you guys use HD? Maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Typical dilution?

Ryansdetailing
04-11-2012, 11:01 AM
I dilute my hyper dressing 3:1 and use it only on the engine bay. It looks like milk at first but once it dries it looks AWESOME! Ive used it on the tires before but didnt like how it was so watery, im so used to using thicker tires dressings. i would try mixing some up 3:1 again and go for it!

BrightonRT
04-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Here is the dilution list I found on
(courtesy of MOL):

1:1 for high gloss
2:1 for medium gloss
3:1 for satin finish
4:1 for natural finish

BimmerFerret
04-11-2012, 01:29 PM
I dilute my hyper dressing 3:1 and use it only on the engine bay. It looks like milk at first but once it dries it looks AWESOME! Ive used it on the tires before but didnt like how it was so watery, im so used to using thicker tires dressings. i would try mixing some up 3:1 again and go for it!

Here is the dilution list I found on
(courtesy of MOL):

1:1 for high gloss
2:1 for medium gloss
3:1 for satin finish
4:1 for natural finish

Thanks for the responses. I have done trim on my roadster and it works great, but it just seems to fall flat on tires. Maybe I just need to get something else.

Detail_Dude
04-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the responses. I have done trim on my roadster and it works great, but it just seems to fall flat on tires. Maybe I just need to get something else.

I would opt for a different, longer lasting tire dressing.