PDA

View Full Version : Cobra all purpose towel - ok?

Bulla2000
03-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Hi,

IŽd like to get some good towels for cleaning the engine after spraying Meguiars APC or sth. like that, for cleaning wheels and tires and so on.
The Cobra all purpose towels seems to be the best choice I think.

What do you think?
Is there a difference between the green and the yellow painted ones or are there no difference?

Thanks for your answers.

P1et
03-15-2007, 03:09 PM
I have the Cobra All Purpose Towels. They are good for the tasks you describe above, but I wouldn't put them on my paint.

P8ntballer597
03-15-2007, 03:23 PM
I too have the Cobra all purpose towels. They seem to work just fine in the areas I've worked with them. However I haven't got the chance to use em on the engine yet.

ScottB
03-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Even my all purpose Cobras are soft enough for paint, but works nicely everywhere. I use the Mango's for most all purpose work myself.

orngez
03-15-2007, 03:29 PM
i just use cheapie mf towels you can get at just about any club store for all purpose work...cobras i reserve for paint work only...

Bulla2000
03-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Thanks for your answers. It seems the Cobra apt would be the right choice. For the paint I have 7 Cobra deluxe und 4 Jr. :)

Are there better towels for this use like I descibed it?

budman3
03-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Even my all purpose Cobras are soft enough for paint, but works nicely everywhere. I use the Mango's for most all purpose work myself.

The dark green towels are great for removing polishes, IMO. Definitely okay to use on the paint. I have some old cobra towels and they work just as good as they were new. But the ones I have are dark green... not sure what happened to those?? Are they the same as the blue?

ScottB
03-15-2007, 07:01 PM
dark forest green, and even the middle green, were originally offered in most kits. They are considered multi-purpose or all-purpose. The blue ones with a fine grain are likely the Miracle Towel.

Nuke33
03-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Could you just use some Target towels or something to save some cash?

Surfer
03-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Could you just use some Target towels or something to save some cash?Vroom brand is more then fine for all-purpose, I've even used them when all my boutiques were dirty and hadn't washed them yet, never got any marring on paint from them. I've had about 30 of the orange micros for a year and they've held up as good as my boutiques. I don't even remember what I paid, like 7 bucks for 15 or something?

If your gonna order from AG, can't go wrong with any towel.

Nuke33
03-15-2007, 08:52 PM
I was thinking about getting some vroom I wish that they would put a satin edge on them like the suprime shine MF