PDA

View Full Version : Bissell Autocare Proheat or McCulloch MC-1275 Steamer

dwlinc23
04-10-2012, 08:06 AM
I have a dilema on which unit to buy. I just started detailing for profit and would like a good carpet and upholstery cleaner for the price of these two ($100). Any experiences with either of these? Thank you in advance.

StephenK
04-10-2012, 08:16 AM
now i could be wrong but a carpet extractor/cleaner is a vaccum+heated water+scrub brush+spray bottle all wrapped up in 1. so with a good steamer alittle bit of elbow grease scrubbing with a brush a spray bottle with your choice of carpet cleaner in it and a shop vac should do it for you. plus the steamer can be used to clean out those tiny little spots that beverages always seem to find their way to. you can also blow steam into the vents to clean them out as well. thats just my opinion.

Robert8194
04-10-2012, 08:26 AM
If you must pick one, go for the steam.

alko
04-10-2012, 08:31 AM
First off, welcome to the forum.

I say get both. I have both...well I have the Bissell Little Green Machine w/Proheat, which is basically the same thing as the Autocare Proheat. The BLGM will work better for you for carpet cleaning as it is more for carpet cleaning and spot cleaning. The steamer is for more concentrated areas and does not have any extraction abilities.

Here is my thread on the BLGM:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/48180-getting-old-crap.html

I have yet to use the McCulloch steamer, but I plan to use it real soon to detail my engine bay.

shoeless89
04-10-2012, 10:02 AM
After buying the LGM which is similar, I would go with the McCulloch. I think it will be much more useful. I only used my LGM about 6 or 7 times before I broke down and got a Mytee Lite II