PDA

View Full Version : Best Foam Gun Soap?

Pages : [1] 2

cmichael258
04-09-2012, 08:54 PM
I was thinking about picking up some CG Maxi Suds II and was wondering if there's something else out there that you consider really good (or better than Maxi Suds II).

Marc08EX
04-09-2012, 11:06 PM
I haven't tried the CG maxi suds II. But I love DP extreme foam and CG citrus wash and gloss in the foam gun.

HellDemon
04-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Maxi suds is very good in a foam gun! thick and nice, not runny at all

ForceField
04-10-2012, 12:31 AM
What about CG Honeydew snow foam?
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2205_52848712

HellDemon
04-10-2012, 12:54 AM
I have both; and I agree with what people say. I actually used honeydew before maxi suds.

Pretty much while it gives nice foam, maxi suds foams better. Ironic eh? But yeah, maxi suds foams thicker and more; very ideal for a foam gun.

shoeless89
04-10-2012, 06:34 AM
:hijacked: I bought the half-gallon foam gun a couple weeks ago but I'm still confused on how to properly use it. Its mainly just been trial and error with using different shampoo ratios and foam gun settings. How much shampoo should I put in? Do I add water directly to the half-gallon container? Any tips would be awesome! :)

By the way I've been using CG Citrus Wash RED and it does a pretty decent foaming job

SeaJay's
04-10-2012, 06:46 AM
I have been using DP Xtreme foam for about a year now and it works great. But I haven't really tried any other high foaming soaps due to I got the DP on BOGO last year and still have about a 1/2 gallon left. Going to be using that up before I pick up anything else.

Tundra_10
04-10-2012, 07:02 AM
I am new to foam cannons and soaps, however I have tried DP extreme foam, Duragloss 901, Pinnacle shampoo stuff, and even some generic soap. All close to the same concentration and to be honest, noticed very little difference. Not sure if I am just that oblivious or if I am doing something different with each load??

bigez
04-10-2012, 08:19 AM
So how are you guys mixing it up? Like 2oz of soap in 8oz of water??

SON1C
04-10-2012, 08:58 AM
I'll be trying a lot, just picked up a cg foam gun ( quart ) I believe, some soaps I have are cg citrus gloss, clear, honeydew, and others

However I'm not sure on the dilutions and would like to know

alko
04-10-2012, 09:08 AM
:hijacked: I bought the half-gallon foam gun a couple weeks ago but I'm still confused on how to properly use it. Its mainly just been trial and error with using different shampoo ratios and foam gun settings. How much shampoo should I put in? Do I add water directly to the half-gallon container? Any tips would be awesome! :)

By the way I've been using CG Citrus Wash RED and it does a pretty decent foaming job

Half a gallon?! Holy crap! Where did you get that from LOL!

I found out what worked best for me was 4 ounces of shampoo and the rest WARM water-and then shaken up. I did that this weekend and it worked very AWESOMELY!!! D@mn right I said awesomely! LOL! But no seriously...it worked great at laying down a thick layer of foam.

shoeless89
04-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Half a gallon?! Holy crap! Where did you get that from LOL!

Wolfgang Half Gallon Foamaster Foam Gun <font color=red>with FREE BONUS</font> (http://www.autogeek.net/wohagafofogu.html)

alko
04-10-2012, 10:23 AM
ahhh ok. With that being a regular hose attachment, I don't think you're going to get a very thick layer of foam. I think you'll need a pressure washer for it to get thick. I don't know...I could be wrong.

shoeless89
04-10-2012, 10:27 AM
ahhh ok. With that being a regular hose attachment, I don't think you're going to get a very thick layer of foam. I think you'll need a pressure washer for it to get thick. I don't know...I could be wrong.

I does a decent job so far. Not as thick as a pressure washer one but overall I'm happy with it!

alko
04-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Try adding warm water to the mixture to 4 ounces of soap. See how that works.