PDA

View Full Version : Bout to be my first time

Keedo
04-09-2012, 08:07 PM
so, i have a 2009 lancer octane blue, so that means that the paint is eco friendly and really cheap.

i bought the car used with 40k miles on it and it looks like the previous owner never took care of the paint. there are swirls and scratches, but i am going for the roughness of the paint. i need to clay bar it a lot. but, i do not have any machines. i have done tons of searches all over and cannot find anything to fulfill my Q's.

i am going to use the mothers clay bar kit below,
Mothers/16 oz. showtime instant spray detailer, 80 g. clay bar and 4 oz. liquid cleaner wax paint saving system (07240) | Pre Cleaner | AutoZone.com (http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Mothers-16-oz-showtime-instant-spray-detailer-80-g-clay-bar-and-4-oz-liquid-cleaner-wax-paint-saving-system/_/N-25b9?itemIdentifier=189455_0_0_)

but, i am stuck on the sealant for my car. and wax, or if i should be doing anything else.

i will not be trying to remove the scratches or swirls, just to clay it.
i know how to clay from tons of tutorials, its just what to do after stumps me. do i just apply the sealant after claying directly on without putting any coats of anything on after claying?

some suggestions of sealants would be amazing, and after sealant do i just apply wax and i am done?

suggestions for waxes are nice too :xyxthumbs:

once again, everything will be done seeing how i do not have any machines. just claying and rewaxing/sealing.

thank you for reading <3

mjlinane
04-09-2012, 09:10 PM
The Detailer's Mantra: Wash, Clay, Compound, Polish, Seal, Wax. As needed.

Yes, you can lay sealants immediately after claying - if you aren't concerned with marring, swirls, etc.

The newly reformulated Blackfire line is awesome.

Superior detail
04-09-2012, 10:14 PM
I agree with the above post. I would recommend Menzerna Power Lock Paint Sealant. Also, if you would like extra gloss and the ability to hide some of the defects, you can apply a glaze on top of your wax, it is a little extra work, and a glaze will only last for 3-4 days, but the gloss it will add to your finished product will amaze you for sure. Menzerna also makes a glaze, I think its called PO115C.

Good luck with your job ahead of you!

Jaeson Lane
Superior Detailing
Superiordetailingsd@gmail.com
www.superiordetailing.webs.com

Bunky
04-10-2012, 07:40 PM
I think some sealants that are then topped with the spray version (like WG DPS with the WG spray sealant) adds more gloss to me. This can be used then as a booster to maintain the look.