PDA

View Full Version : My price list needs input please

Pages : [1] 2

ExcessiveMobile
04-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Interior Detail
Clean carpets, seats and mats, deodorize all fabric, clean and condition leather and vinyl, clean door panels, intense clean of dashboard and steering column, clean door jams, trunks and windows, dress interior with UV protection.
Car...$80.00
SUV/Truck...$90.00
Mini Van...$100.00

Exterior Detail
Hand wash, clay bar(removes hidden contaminants, tar, industrial fall out, road grime, etc.) Machine polish and professional Synthetic sealer/wax is applied, clean door jams, clean rims and tires, windows, plastic trim restored back to black and wheel dressing.
Car...$80.00
SUV/Truck...$90.00
Mini Van...$120.00

Full Detail - Interior and Exterior (as listed above)
Car...$150.00
SUV/Truck...$175.00
Mini Van...$200.00

We also do paint correction in the form of Swirl mark removal and scratch removal.
These services are based on severity and number of blemishes and will have to be a on-site estimate.

NOW OFFERING Headlight Restoration! starting at $30.00

I am thinking maybe not include the machine polish in my exterior detail, and have it sep.

SON1C
04-09-2012, 08:00 AM
I think like your name suggests these are excessive I doubt you'll find everyone wanting everything, youd be better off taking out some options and lowering prices a bit IMO

TimmyG
04-09-2012, 08:08 AM
IMHO, your prices are too low. I think the interior pricing is fair for both sides, but how are you making much money on an exterior car detail @ $80.

Before I started detailing my cars myself, I was spending $250 on a similar package to what you're stating is a full detail.

sparty
04-09-2012, 08:10 AM
I am not sure what your competition charges in your area, but according to my competition and prices, you are lower. A complete interior/exterior detail here is $199.99 for a car and + $30/40 for SUV.

-Sparty

TimmyG
04-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Headlight restoration is also too cheap imo. That should start around $50 imo.

jhallhall
04-09-2012, 08:30 AM
It my experience it's always good to have your prices say "starting at $XX" that way when you run into something completely trashed you don't come out of the job breaking even or worse taking a loss.

Also, in your exterior details indicate using a 1 step polishing process, as to not confuse someone into thinking you are doing a full correction. Doing it that way you can up sell a full correction.

RCC
04-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Don't be afraid to price high, you can always give discounts. My details start at 129-169, and are very basic. Does not include clay bar, or polishing.

I think the only way to price properly is set a number of what you need to make per hour (I aim to gross $50/hour) and then time yourself on 5-6 friends/families cars and get a good baseline.

Remember, ALWAYS charge extra for pet hair.

RCC
04-12-2012, 10:01 AM
One other thing, never be afraid to turn work down either. I know it's a hard to do when you're hungry. If a customer calls you, says they want you to do some work, then asks for a discount, they're probably going to be a headache. You will never live up to the expectations of someone who doesn't respect your work.

BobbyG
04-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Considering you'll be spending 8 to 10 hours for a full interior and exterior detail. You're including machine polishing, so it looks like comfortable with pocketing about $10.00/hour after subtracting products, machine, electricity, pads, paper, tape, towels etc...

Seems awfully low...OH, how about taxes if you're a business. :dunno:

Agfan
04-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Honestly if your just starting out and want to make a career out of this I would lower your prices a bit. Depends where you live though. You live in Miami prices are fair and would work. You live in Montana.... Not so much. A lot of your success comes from word of mouth. Unfortionutly most people I do a full detail on think all I do is wash the car and wax it. Even tho I told them I'd be doing a 3 step polish. Most people don't know what all goes in to what we do. People also think that dealerships are the best place to go for a detail and they will pay 180-200 for a full.
So that all being said its hard starting out but trust me lower prices then the competition work and will bring in people faster.
Btw don't charge extra for machine polishing. Too many extra things people have to ask for just pushes them away.

SON1C
04-12-2012, 11:23 AM
what prices/packages do you guys suggest he offers then?

Vegas Transplant
04-12-2012, 07:30 PM
If you were in my market hand,you would get plenty of takers - but not the kind that become regulars or maintenance customers...which is what you should targeting. Day in and day out detailing of non-returning and non-caring customers gets old quickly IMO.

I feel that you are offering too much at a low price. Either come up or offer less on your services. Example: before I moved to this region, headlight recon. was fetching $150 and up. The prices has bottomed out to the $69 range with the abundance of mobile headlight only guys. My opinion hand...take with a grain of salt.

rustytruck
04-15-2012, 06:48 AM
you should come up with one package that leaves the car looking clean and professionally done. Price that package fairly to Both you and your customer. That's it. Tell people that's what you do.starting out that will keep you busy till winter. Don't try to be all things to all people in your first year. Do this now and when the weather gets bad you can plan how to grow your business next year. For now do one thing and one thing well.

Bates Detailing
04-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Location is huge - where are you located? Been told by many that our prices are to low, but my location and "competition" regulates my prices for the most part.... Had a guy call the other day wanting his Jaguar detailed - one step exterior, full interior - I told him $130 and he say," I have never paid that much for a detail!" LOL. These calls come quite a bit cause of a local car wash/ detail shop that says they "polish" (spray wax) for an additional $10. So location is important - my locale is brainwashed :/

ExcessiveMobile
04-16-2012, 07:49 AM
sorry for the long wait on replies...I live in Evansville, Indiana. 3rd largest city in my sate. I am currently the only mobile detail service. The most popular car wash/detail center charges...starting at 149.99 for a as close to new detail.