PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question!

chris.ganucheau
04-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Ok so tomorrow is my day off, I plan on getting up at 6:30-7am to start my detail (Louisiana tends to get very hot during the day lol). My plan of attack is to do a wash with either dawn or I have citrus + gloss to remove any old LSP. My first question is what mixing ratio do I use of I want to use the Citrus + gloss? An then I plan on putting a coat of Jetseal 109 then probably two coats of Pinnacle Souveran liquid wax. How does that sound??? Appreciate any feedback I get!!!!

mjlinane
04-08-2012, 06:55 PM
My bottle says 1oz to 1 gallon.

Should work well.

SonOfOC
04-08-2012, 06:56 PM
1 ounces CC CWG per gallon of water for removing LSP. Let it dwell on the vehicle for few minutes before washing it off.

1 coat of JS and 2 coats of liquid PS is fine.

chris.ganucheau
04-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Thank you much! Just went an vacuumed it so it'll be ready to tackle Tom!

Bacon
04-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Wash it with Meguiars Gold, spray it with Optimum Car Wax...total time 30 minutes.

Than do something fun...enjoy

chris.ganucheau
04-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Wash it with Meguiars Gold, spray it with Optimum Car Wax...total time 30 minutes.

Than do something fun...enjoy

Sorry Bacon, but I plan on going a little bit more in-depth then that. Actually I relax when I'm cleaning my car, a day spent cleaning my car is an awesome day off for me. Also not a big fan of spray detailers, might just be me but I can never get them to look good. I can always see streaks in the sun light no matter how many times I try an get rid of them.

Bacon
04-08-2012, 11:52 PM
OCW is not a detailer..its a state of the art car protection...the results are fool proof.
BTW...just make good choices for you and those you love

LSUFAN
04-09-2012, 10:41 AM
hey Chris what part of LA you live in?

bigdriver4u
04-09-2012, 11:08 AM
OCW is not a detailer..its a state of the art car protection...the results are fool proof.
BTW...just make good choices for you and those you love

I began a thread just after I returned from Detailfest regarding Opti's spray wax with UV enhibitors. I'm a paste wax spread, with a buffer guy and was completely shocked after understanding how this was was designed. It was created by the Chemist who helped design the Clear coat for the auto industry. I was also shocked at how rich of a shine this wax could achieve just by spaying and wiping. It's bonding agents immediately began to work just after the spray hit the paint and application time was basicly mins for the entire car. What's most impressive is the UV enhibitors are designed to penetrate and replace what's lost in the clear coats protection. This wax should not even considered just a spray wax given it's shine, protection and paint enhancing features.

I'm all for spending time and relaxing while detailing, but consider spending the time saved inside the car, the wheels or engine. You just might be surprised with this product. Happy detailing my friend.

Old Tiger
04-09-2012, 11:30 AM
1 oz per gallon to strip.

chris.ganucheau
04-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Well I did not know that, I will look into that. I just finished detailing my car about an hour ago, I got up at 7 an finished at 11:30. I washed clayed sealed an waxed. Cleaned interior an detailed the engine. Looks awesome if I do say so myself.

I live in Laplace, la. It's inbetween baton rouge an new Orleans.

shoeless89
04-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Glad it all worked out for you!

chris.ganucheau
04-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Glad it all worked out for you!

Yea, I posted a thread with some pics of before an after.. you should check it out!