PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered 303 Fabric Guard - any tips?

CaneCharger
04-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Going to use it on my Jeep cloth seats...any do's or don'ts???

hoyt66
04-08-2012, 05:44 PM
I just used it on my 2012 Challenger carpet , floor mats and trunk carpet. I wish I had some tips but I don't. I basically followed the instructions. That was 2 months

ago and so far so good as far as everything is still very clean and unstained by rain/dirt. Maybe cover anything you can with towels since your doing the seats you'll

be spraying higher than I was. I wiped everything down after I sprayed the carpet. The instructions say to spray until damp....I went with spraying liberally to make

sure I got everything. Seems like a good product. Good luck

Perfections
04-08-2012, 05:45 PM
They changed the smell, so work in well ventilated area, wipe of from plastics/vinyl in a reasonable time, if the fibers are long brush one direction apply, let dry brush the other way reapply, better to use light coats and more of them then over saturation on one coat.

CEE DOG
04-08-2012, 05:46 PM
They changed the smell, so work in well ventilated area, wipe of from plastics/vinyl in a reasonable time, if the fibers are long brush one direction apply, let dry brush the other way reapply, better to use light coats and more of them then over saturation on one coat.

Well said, :iagree:

2 very thin even coats

On exterior 3 thin even coats.

Allow each coat to dry a fair bit before the next coat. With a fan or in the sun it dries quickly.

Allow the final coat to dry completely before use if possible.

If you ever use it on a convertible top this might help also. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/37352-overview-convertible-fabric-top-care.html

CaneCharger
04-08-2012, 05:50 PM

THANKS!

I was also wondering if I should do my jeep top???

Dr Oldz
04-08-2012, 06:16 PM
I use this product often. I spray very lightly and work in with a yellow applicator. 2 thin coats is the way to go IMO. Let dry then enjoy!

CaneCharger
04-08-2012, 06:17 PM
I use this product often. I spray very lightly and work in with a yellow applicator. 2 thin coats is the way to go IMO. Let dry then enjoy!

NICE - can't wait