PDA

View Full Version : Carpro wool washmit problem!!

Pages : [1] 2

fenderpicks
04-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Hey guys, i used my NEW carpro wool washmit for the first time with CG Glossworkz shampoo, washed it by hand with DP MF concentrate and air dry it....

Now my Carpro wash mit is all stuck together like crumbs.... Pretty much not soft and the way it used to be.... and i have no idea what i did wrong... unless im not suppose to use the MF concentrate to wash it....?

alko
04-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Go out and get you a metal pet hair brush and use a hair dryer.

opie_7afe
04-08-2012, 12:47 PM
is it stiff and hard after drying it or? is the hair just matted? if its hard and stiff its due to the oils inside the lambskin being leeched out so it hardens up, if its hairs matted just use a nice pet hair brush. to dry a wool mit i have a small dayton blower fan i put the cuff over and the air inflates it and drys it pretty fast, or a boot dryer might work for them....my guess is the microfiber wash removed all the oils from it. me with a wool mit(when i had one before it disenegrated) i just washed in same dilution of car wash soap and rinse it clean, i machine washed it once and was stiff ever since and my towels had a ton of wool hair on them. then again it was an advance auto wool mit, wasted 13$ on that mit lasted 2 times before it got a hole in it and fibers peeled off...id rather use turtle wax super hard shell wax before i use one of those wool mits again.

fenderpicks
04-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Is just all matted together....
So i have to brush this thing everytime i use it!?!?!?
Man another 20$ in the drain....

Rsurfer
04-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Not all wool mitts do this.
Is just all matted together....
So i have to brush this thing everytime i use it!?!?!?
Man another 20$ in the drain....

fenderpicks
04-08-2012, 03:57 PM
But i saw this thread where a AG Rep came in and said this is the best wash mit money can buy and what not... that's why i bought it and now is all messed up AFTER 1 USE!?!?!?

timaishu
04-08-2012, 04:04 PM
My skeep skin wash pad was soft when I first bought it. After the first wash, when it dries, it is very stiff.

No worries though, I let it pre-soak in the wash bucket for a few minutes before use. It softens up real nice and becomes just as easy to work with as the first use.

fenderpicks
04-08-2012, 04:09 PM
but mine is soft still but is all stuck together.... which cancel the purpose of having it...
Because when i first got it, the wool is long and now is all stuck together!!

timaishu
04-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Oh. So your saying its the hair thats stuck together? I thought you were referring to the sheep skin material itself.

I guess I am not quite familiar with that mit. Sorry.

fenderpicks
04-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Hopefully a AG rep will chime in tomorrow... because im upset about how i spent 20$ on a mit for just one use.....

mamut
04-08-2012, 04:41 PM
once you brush it out its good as new...i love carpro mitt

CEE DOG
04-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Ivan, it sounds like you washed it in the washer.... Is that the case??

On sec let me garb you a thread... I've been using it over a year as have many others with n degradation in softness whatsoever.

THis is how you care for the mitt. See this link http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/38573-review-carpro-wool-wash-mitt.html

Dont wash in the washer or dry it in my opinion...

fenderpicks
04-08-2012, 04:52 PM
I left the Mit inside a small bucket w/ 1oz of the MF concentrate for about a day, i left it in my bathroom until the next day when i take a shower, i cleaned out the bucket and wash the mit and found it all stuck together.

But let me take a quick look at that thread

alko
04-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Ivan...the high end wool wash mitts require a bit of maintenance. This is what I do to maintain my Dodo Juice Wookies Fist...

After I wash my car, I will rinse out the wash mitt really good. I will then hold the end of the was mitt and swing the wish mitt and let gravity pull the water out of the mitt. I will then let it dry out some on laying on a grit guard. I cut a large water bottle alittle past the neck and then insert it in the opening for my hand to allow for some air circulation. Later that evening I will take a hair dryer and dry the mitt and while doing so, take a metal pat hair brush and brush out the mitt.

If you're not happy with the mitt, you can send it to me...I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands.

fenderpicks
04-08-2012, 05:04 PM
I will put the mit in a bucket of hot water and get a brush to see if that fixes it.

Thank you for everyones input, especially alex and corey =]