PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, looking for help plz!

XXAHXX
03-15-2007, 02:57 AM
Hi nice to meet you all, i m new to this place...:)

I have a question : how to get ride of the buff mark after machine polish???
scartches have gone, swirl have gone.....shine regain but the buff mark left...aiiiii

thx alot!!

nick19
03-15-2007, 03:09 AM

scartches have gone, swirl have gone.....shine regain but the buff mark left...aiiiii

thx alot!!

Welcome! :cheers:

What polisher did you use? What's this "buff mark" look or feel like?

orngez
03-15-2007, 03:25 AM
if it is a hologram effect you see...like the paint is warping the sunlight and creating a multicolor rainbow effect you need to move on to a finer grade of polish or refine your polishing technique...you can also just cover it up with wax :)

nick19
03-15-2007, 03:53 AM
What polishes did you use as well? In direct sunlight or shade?

Sevenrd
03-15-2007, 04:41 AM

thx alot!!
Not quite sure what you mean by buff marks. A rotary can cause what are called holograms or buffer trails if used improperly or if a strong compound is used. A finish polish/finishing pad combo will clear them up fairly easily. Pics would help.

Nica
03-15-2007, 09:07 AM
I agree, post some pictures. I think I know what you mean, have your tried rubbing the surface with your finger?

supercharged
03-15-2007, 09:17 AM

thx alot!!
Are you using a rotary?

bambo2888
03-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Pretty much its going to be a result of an inexperienced buffer user not allowing the polish to break down completely. This is pretty much like sanding with a very aggressive paper and not moving onto a finer grit paper.

This can be fixed with a proper buffing session with the proper tools. Don't be afraid, its relatively easy to do, though.

Nuke33
03-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Deff need to post pictures so that we can better asses the problem.

bambo2888
03-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Deff need to post pictures so that we can better asses the problem.

You said "asses" :eek:

Al-53
03-15-2007, 01:21 PM
What I believe he is describing is buffer trails or called holograms also..it's done from not holding a pad flat and using the outer edge or a dry pad..

he has 2 options..correct it with a fine polish or glaze and wax over it and fill and cover it...

AL

nick19
03-15-2007, 02:19 PM
What I believe he is describing is buffer trails or called holograms also..it's done from not holding a pad flat and using the outer edge or a dry pad..

he has 2 options..correct it with a fine polish or glaze and wax over it and fill and cover it...

AL

I agree. I couldn't come to a conclusion without any further information. This is probably what he is encountering.