PDA

View Full Version : Anyone blow fuses with Mytee Lite II?

shoeless89
04-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Hey guys, the last few times I've used my Mytee Lite II I keep blowing fuses/circuit breakers. I've tried it in different outlets, with and without extension cords of different gauges. IDK what to do. This is happening at clients/customers houses and is a little embarassing when I have to ask them to reset their circuit breakers 5 times in 35 minutes. Anyone have any ideas on what to do? Thanks guys! O yeah by the way I usually can run it for anywhere from 3-10 minutes before it trips the circuit breaker.

Bunky
04-08-2012, 06:14 AM
I believe the specs say it is a 20A device so needs to use a 20A circuit. I suspect you may be attaching to 15A circuits and can trip quickly especially if there are other loads on the same circuit.

If it is on a 20A circuit it may have other non-essential appliances, water softener, lighting, lights, etc. on the same circuit.

You would need to look at the electrical box to verify. Of course, some electricians do not label breakers well (a really good homeowner will map them out). Garage outlets are supposed to be 20A per most codes these days. Most kitchen outlets should be 20A as well.

You should use 12 AWG extension cords for anything for 25 feet to minimize voltage drop.

Vegas Transplant
04-08-2012, 09:38 AM
When I was having similar issues in the middle of a job- without much recourse, I would run the functions of the machine (Grand Prix) separately. Do not use pump when vac is on. Turn off heater when extracting. May be enough to get by to finish the job.

shoeless89
04-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the tips guys I'll look into it a little more :)