PDA

View Full Version : How to melt down Fuzion to repour it?

fenderpicks
04-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Hey guys my Fuzion wax is all messed up, all cracked....
So im trying to melt it down to make it look a tad bit better... but i do not know what the steps are to melt the wax down....

And also if i melt it down and let it cool down will it mess up the wax in anyway?

shoeless89
04-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Cracking of wax is normal for waxes. After they poor it into the containers it dries and therefore cracks. This is a less common for FUZION but I'm sure it can happen. Why do you want to re-pour it exactly? Seems like a lot of work just to make the wax "look better" and you would be likely to lose some product during the melting and re-pouring process. I would just use it as is.

fenderpicks
04-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Well is kind of all cracked up and there are small crumbs here and there////

shoeless89
04-08-2012, 12:17 AM
How long have you had it? I still doubt it would be beneficial to attempt to re-pour it. If you haven't had it long I would call AG.

bl3ujay07
04-08-2012, 12:29 AM
damn fenderpicks, how many LSP have you put onto your car within the last week and a half! lol

Btw, i received the package thursday.

fenderpicks
04-08-2012, 12:51 AM
Oh i used my Dodo juice egg wax...
but just asking about the fuzion because is all cracked and it looks like it's melting... like redish pink color oil....

hoyt66
04-08-2012, 05:10 AM
Don't do it in the micro wave as I did. Someone brought up a valid point of the fact of it could caught on fire. There was a post about using a double boiler system in

which you put the wax in a glass jar and put the open jar in boiling water submersed about 1/2 way until it melts. As far as the integrity of the wax, the way I

see it (totally uneducated response) the wax was in liquid form when they poured it in the jar....

BobbyG
04-08-2012, 05:21 AM
There was a post about using a double boiler system in which you put the wax in a glass jar and put the open jar in boiling water submersed about 1/2 way until it melts.

This makes the most sense to me.

You might discover that you won't need to boil it so take your time and heat it up slowly.

embolism
04-08-2012, 08:22 AM
How much do you have left? I does seem like a waste of a couple applications at least if you melt and repour (transfer loss etc)

how about just taking a hair dryer to the top of the original container until the chunks and cracks melt themselves together?

FUNX650
04-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Other than your stated "aesthetic reason", I see no need to melt waxes, as I personally feel that inducing heat to an already 'poured wax' may create unwanted chemical changes to said wax(es). That's just me, though.

But, if you would decide to melt your Fuzion or other waxes, I'd utilize what may be considered a safe way to do so:

Such as: The Presto Pot Wax Melter

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/Prest_Pot_Wax_Melter.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/45065)

BTW: An excellent tool for opportunities to melt and re-use candles around the homestead!

:)

Bob

dad07
04-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Other than your stated "aesthetic reason", I see no need to melt waxes, as I personally feel that inducing heat to an already 'poured wax' may create unwanted chemical changes to said wax(es). That's just me, though.

But, if you would decide to melt your Fuzion or other waxes, I'd utilize what may be considered a safe way to do so:

Such as: The Presto Pot Wax Melter

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/Prest_Pot_Wax_Melter.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/45065)

BTW: An excellent tool for opportunities to melt and re-use candles around the homestead!

Bob

I like it! For some crazy reason I have to have one....and 60 bucks is not to bad of a price.

FUNX650
04-08-2012, 09:41 AM
I like it! For some crazy reason I have to have one....and 60 bucks is not to bad of a price.

A little less expensive from this supplier located in Knoxville, Tennessee:

Miscellaneous Candle Making Products | Candlemaking.com (http://www.candlemaking.com/store/Presto-Pot-Wax-Melter-P2358C12.aspx)

Also: thebayside has some good deals at times.

Bob

Dr Oldz
04-08-2012, 09:52 AM
The way to do it is use the doule boiler system BUT when you heat any car wax up, some solvents will evaporate out and application/removal will be harder than the origional pour. Some waxes this may be hardly noticeable but others it is much more difficult after you remelt it.

swanicyouth
04-08-2012, 03:00 PM
I did this with a $5.99 candle burner from Rite Aid. The wax liquified pretty fast (P21S Pure Carnuaba) and came out fine. Once it stars to liquefy, I stirred it with the end of a disposable small paint brush, when uniform let it cool. No negative effects apparent to the wax.

umi000
04-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Use a double boiler, or look up how Dodo Juice recommends you create their mix up their homebrew wax. However, as mentioned, do be aware that melting and repouring might cause the wax to lose some solvents (through evaporation), affecting the ease of use and consistency of the product. Also, some waxes can separate if the cooling down is not done at a certain temperature or over a certain period of time.