PDA

View Full Version : Need some ideas for Tornado Black Cleaning solution.

Kris R
04-07-2012, 05:21 PM
So I've been using Megs APC+ and even super diluted this cleaner is hard core. I'm talking less than 1/2 oz on a whole spray bottle of distiller water is powerful.

When I mixed up a similar gallon to use as a tornado cleaning solution I started noticing a few things. I'm not sure if it's a combination of the cleaner and the tool forcing it deeper into the pores of the leather or plastic but it seemingly leaves the surface really dry. Almost stripped of its natural oils. So I ended up lately mixing my cleaner in a spray bottle and using only water in the Tornador. But I'm wondering if it's possible to get some other ideas on a cleaner that inst as abrasive since the Tornador itself is song a lot of the work. Looking for a mile cleaner that doesn't strip the surface you clean. Thanks.

Kris R
04-07-2012, 08:09 PM
No one uses a multipurpose cleaner on the interior?

Robert8194
04-07-2012, 08:37 PM
I have used P21S whole car wash diluted 4:1 and OPC diluted 4:1. Both seem to clean well and I haven't noticed them drying out the leather seats. I can't imagine that any solution you use as a spray would have any different effect coming from the tornador except it eliminates some of the scrubbing. I have the new BF APC and hope to try it in the tornador soon. Full strength on wheels works well.

Kris R
04-07-2012, 09:05 PM
I have used P21S whole car wash diluted 4:1 and OPC diluted 4:1. Both seem to clean well and I haven't noticed them drying out the leather seats. I can't imagine that any solution you use as a spray would have any different effect coming from the tornador except it eliminates some of the scrubbing. I have the new BF APC and hope to try it in the tornador soon. Full strength on wheels works well.

Mostly plastic panels and dash boards. APC+ seems to leave a little residue in the shape of the water drops if not wiped right away. And yes it's diluted. A LOT.

opie_7afe
04-07-2012, 10:40 PM
diluted by a lot means what? your a lot might be strong to someone else. Never let an APC dry on the surface will cause staining. i bet diluted 64:1 which is hot water extractor dilution will work better, if not any enzyme based cleaner will work. the tornador solution is an enzymatic cleaner. the cleaners will state on them if they are enzyme based, most enzyme based cleaners are usually used on carpets so that's where they will be found....i heard bio-kleen bac out stain & odor eliminator is pretty darn good for interiors so that might be a great option as its enzyme and citrus based i do believe.i might try that and the APC they have....not expensive so if it dont work good ill give it to the wife.....

shoeless89
04-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Maybe give OPC a try?

Kris R
04-08-2012, 10:39 AM
APC+ 1/4 oz to entire 32oz bottle of water.

I used folex. Works great.