PDA

View Full Version : International detail projects! need some inputs!

szjalo
04-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Hey all. Long story short, I am planning a trip out of U.S. I will visit few countries. I have 2 friends there they ask me to "show off" my skills. Of cause I won't let this chance go LOL. So i have two cars to detail during the trip. according to what they say both are in OK condition, and they only look forward to max protection rather than perfection. And they have different market that means most of our products are not available for them or too expensive to afford. so here is my plan about the products I want to bring with me for those two cars.

1\ Wash: ONR 32oz. Buckets, brushes, mitts, microfibers, etc: purchase locally. will leave ONR there afterwards, will show them how to do rinseless wash

2\ Clay: random clay bar 200g(ONR lube)

3\ paint correction: Not sure if I want to do it. I definitely dont want to bring a machine with me. I will look at the paint, if it's OK then, I will skip this step. Otherwise, I may consider do some hand polishing jobs or rent a rotary in local market. wanna bring 8-16oz of M105 or ultimate compound tho-.

4\ headlights: 1 piece of 2000 grit, hand applicator, M105/UC

5\ Sealant: 3oz DG501, 3oz DG105, 1-2oz DG601, 3oz 845

6\ Wheel and tires: 6oz of Meg's APC+ (undiluted), 3oz of opti bond or Meg's endurance

7\ Interior: not sure if I want to do it. Maybe just use APC+ for a wipe-down and few oz of dressing?

8\ Glass: purchase IPA locally

9\ accessories: hand applicators, microfiber towels, brushes, spray bottles, etc. purchase locally(will look for some local cheapo)

So this is my raw plan right now. Really need some feedbacks. How do you think the products I bring with me? Do they seem to be enough to finish two cars? Just note the main purpose of the trip is to travel around not detailing cars. So I want to bring as less products as possible but still make the job done.

Feed back pleaseFeed back pleaseFeed back please

Thanks a million in advance!