PDA

View Full Version : expected little more out of Fuzion

05xrunner
04-07-2012, 02:25 PM
So I have been using it a long time. I have only ever used it on my cars that sat in the garage 99% of the time so I never actually knew what kind of durability it had. well 4weeks ago i bought Myself and my GF a new subaru. The dealer didnt touch her car other then remove the plastic. So few days after I got it I washed it real good..TarX and IronX paste it..paint was great..Put a coat of fuzion on it that day. it was been washed once since i applied it..I washed it today and there was pretty much no beading and looked as if it was all gone. I was expecting to get atleast 2months or so out of this not just over 3weeks. so i redid the car with BFWD.

Nick McKees37
04-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Like any other wax or sealant, prep and maintenance is key to achieving maximum durability. Before applying Fuzion, a pre-wax polish such as Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer should be used. This will ensure a squeaky clean surface while also promoting proper bonding of the wax.

Wash - Iron X (to remove embedded iron particles) - Clay (to remove above surface contaminants) - pre-wax polish (to remove below surface contaminants) - wax.

Maintain Fuzion with a quality spray detailer such as Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz, Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer or Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer.

Don't be shy about layering Fuzion either. I've found that two coats easily yields 3-4 months of protection.

:dblthumb2:

05xrunner
04-07-2012, 02:42 PM
it was prepped just fine and the car was brand new with 8miles..paint was in perfect shape so i wasnt wasting my time to buff out a car that didnt need anything.

Nick McKees37
04-07-2012, 02:47 PM
it was prepped just fine and the car was brand new with 8miles..paint was in perfect shape so i wasnt wasting my time to buff out a car that didnt need anything.

Even if the vehicle is brand new, that doesn't mean the paint is squeaky clean.

Try using a non-abrasive polish (or an abrasive polish if the vehicle has swirls and scratches) before applying Fuzion next time and report back on its durability.

Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer, P21S Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser, Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion and Klasse AIO are all great examples of non-abrasive polishes that deeply clean the paint before application of a wax or sealant.

hoyt66
04-07-2012, 03:28 PM

When i got my new car (untouched by the dealer) I still washed ,clayed. polished before lsp, which was Fuzion. That was about 6 wks ago and when i washed it

yesterday it still beaded well. I have used pinnacle crystal mist a few times too.
I ahve read on this forim a 1000x...its not the wax its the preperation of the surface.

LegacyGT
04-07-2012, 03:30 PM
I want to see Subaru Pictures :hungry:

05xrunner
04-07-2012, 07:24 PM
i guess I should also mention her car sits outside 24/7
Dont have any pics of her car. its just a standard 2012 impreza 5door in dark gray like mine here is mine
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/05Xrunner/WRX/IMG_8812.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/05Xrunner/WRX/IMG_8810.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/05Xrunner/WRX/IMG_8809.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/05Xrunner/WRX/IMG_8808.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/05Xrunner/WRX/IMG_8805.jpg

PPLd
04-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Nice car buddy!
Subaru is one of my favourite brands!!
My next car is either a red metallic Mazda or blue mica Subaru!!

HellDemon
04-07-2012, 09:37 PM
OH man I was mistaken you said that the pics above is just a "standard impreza"... Man, love the STI. That looks gorgeous man! But there might be something wrong if you're only getting a single day out of the thing; you should expect a minimum of 1 month at least I would assume

snellvilleauto
04-07-2012, 09:43 PM
I am a noob and read about the importance of prep work. So when i got my wife a new subie two weeks ago, i make sure the dealer didn't touch it. I brought it home, did a 2 buckets wash, clayed it, polished it w/ CG black light then two layers of V7. I haven't put any wax on it yet. I have a Fuzion on the way and should get it tuesday. I'll apply the Fuzion and see what happen. Here is a picture of it.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5349/7055052535_d0f11aaa1b_z.jpg

05xrunner
04-07-2012, 10:32 PM
OH man I was mistaken you said that the pics above is just a "standard impreza"... Man, love the STI. That looks gorgeous man! But there might be something wrong if you're only getting a single day out of the thing; you should expect a minimum of 1 month at least I would assume
no her car is a standard Impreza 5door. I have a WRX bought them both the same day

Shane731
04-07-2012, 10:45 PM
How bad is the pollen where you're at? It's absolutely killer here in Knoxville. My 4 week old combo of BFWD/Collinite 476 is basically gone. Not a knock on either product - I have never found a product that will last very long during pollen season. Seems to just be a wax/sealant killer. I'm waiting until this junk is all gone so I can Opti-Coat my car. Just a thought.

05xrunner
04-07-2012, 11:11 PM
seems like there has been a good bit of pollen lately

shoeless89
04-07-2012, 11:21 PM
I put a coat of Fuzion on my car yesterday and a coat of Fuzion on my GF's car today. From my experience I've seen about 2-3 months of durability but haven't done the best testing because I'm constantly trying out new stuff or putting another coat on

Bunky
04-08-2012, 06:31 AM
How bad is the pollen where you're at? It's absolutely killer here in Knoxville. My 4 week old combo of BFWD/Collinite 476 is basically gone.

Completely agree. Pollen if left to sit on paint for any time at all will zap the life out of any product including the mightly 476.

I intentionally delay doing my personal vehicle details until pollen season subsides. I use the March to mid-April time to experience with different detail sprays and spray waxes. Pollen is also very rough. If I were using ONR, I would rinse with a hose first. It feels so abrasive.