PDA

View Full Version : Little help with VX5000

slickooz
04-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Just got this steamer today, and I can't find this in the manual. I still have water in the boiler and wanted to know if I need to have to steam all of it out?

Or is it safe to keep water in the boiler and just release the pressure?

john b
04-06-2012, 11:54 PM
i would let it fully cool down then drain the water-and congratulations-let us know how you like it

slickooz
04-07-2012, 12:52 AM
i would let it fully cool down then drain the water-and congratulations-let us know how you like it

Thanks. Was just testing it inside the house. Will report back tomorrow after I test it on an interior.

2old2change
04-07-2012, 05:54 AM
I only use distilled water in mine and leave it in there. My steamer does get used at least a couple of times a week and is in a temp controlled garage.

dad07
04-07-2012, 09:46 AM
I only use distilled water in mine and leave it in there. My steamer does get used at least a couple of times a week and is in a temp controlled garage.

Gary this sound advice!

and congrats on the new toy!

shoeless89
04-07-2012, 09:50 AM
Congrats on the new steamer! I want one so bad! I wouldn't think it would be that bad if you left the water in there.

alko
04-07-2012, 09:57 AM
I see you trying to make some moves Gary! Thats whats up! Congrats on the new tools!!! Paint guage AND a steamer! Life is good!

slickooz
04-07-2012, 11:41 AM

Thanks! I used tap water before, but going switch to distill water next time, just to be safe.

Gary this sound advice!

and congrats on the new toy!

Thanks!

Congrats on the new steamer! I want one so bad! I wouldn't think it would be that bad if you left the water in there.

Yeah I'm going give a call to the company on Monday, got a few more questions to ask, now that I used it.

I see you trying to make some moves Gary! Thats whats up! Congrats on the new tools!!! Paint guage AND a steamer! Life is good!

Got a little back from taxes, so I went ahead and got few things before I spend it on camera gear. :) Next on the list is a extractor. Going order one today or Monday.

Robert8194
04-07-2012, 09:00 PM
No reason to dump it unless it is going to sit without using a week or so. It may not be in the manual but I have seen or heard it somewhere. Call Steve and he will answer any question you have. I do not use distilled water but I do put a couple of ounces of vinegar in every now and then hoping it will help keep mineral deposits to a minimum.