PDA

View Full Version : Removing lSP

Kaiser37
04-06-2012, 11:42 PM
I have a couple products available to me and was wondering, what would be the best method in removing my current lSP in order to polish and wax.

I currently own Adams APC, Simple Green, and IPA. What would be the best way? I also have a Walmart and several auto stores near by.

Danube
04-07-2012, 03:07 AM
I use IPA, works fine.

11PX1
04-07-2012, 03:32 AM
What's ISP{? Did you mean LSP? Name one LSP that can stand up to polishing.

Using alcohol to remove existing wax or sealant prior to polishing is a complete waste of time.

BobbyG
04-07-2012, 05:52 AM
Wash

If you want to remove it in order to apply a different sealant or wax then mix up a wash solution with 1/4 cup of all purpose cleaner and 1/4 cup of Dawn in 3 gallons of warm water. This will remove nearly everything.

Clay

Claying the finish will remove what's ever left.

Paint Cleaner

Any quality paint cleaner will remove everything and freshen up the finish making it ready for some new protection...

hoyt66
04-07-2012, 06:05 AM
Wash

If you want to remove it in order to apply a different sealant or wax then mix up a wash solution with 1/4 cup of all purpose cleaner and 1/4 cup of Dawn in 3 gallons of warm water. This will remove nearly everything.

Clay

Paint Cleaner

Any quality paint cleaner will remove everything and freshen up the finish making it ready for some new protection...

Add a 1/4 cup of APC? I like the sounds of that along with the Dawn.:dblthumb2: Thanks

brawl
04-07-2012, 06:06 AM
If I were you, I'll choose Adams APC among the things you have right now. I can pre-soak the paint with an APC solution and/or mix APC in the wash solution. Like some, I also use Dawn. I bet you can easily buy it nearby.

silverfox
04-07-2012, 06:29 AM
If you are going to polish paint with a polishing pad then any LSP wil be removed during the polishing process.

Bunky
04-07-2012, 06:34 AM
For best results, you can non-abrasive paint cleaner since will really prepare the surface that Dawn, APC, etc. do not.

Kaiser37
04-07-2012, 02:00 PM
I use IPA, works fine.

Wash

Clay

Paint Cleaner

If I were you, I'll choose Adams APC among the things you have right now. I can pre-soak the paint with an APC solution and/or mix APC in the wash solution. Like some, I also use Dawn. I bet you can easily buy it nearby.

If you are going to polish paint with a polishing pad then any LSP wil be removed during the polishing process.

For best results, you can non-abrasive paint cleaner since will really prepare the surface that Dawn, APC, etc. do not.

Thank you!

shoeless89
04-08-2012, 12:08 AM
I got some Chemical Guys Citrus Wash RED and I loved it some much I bought a gallon. Most of my business is wash/wax/interior. So its nice having something that will strip any previous applied LSP's. I've also used Optimum Power Clean in the past with really good results. But CG Red is a little most cost effective. Hope that helps!