PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations black Benz

TREMEK
04-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Hi guys Im having a Problem with a Black 2003 SL500.

I use a dewalt 849XP Rotatory. and dont "YET" own a DA

I just cant finish it down. im down to ultra super fine swirls or spider buffer trails. normally i can finish with M205 no problem. The car was badly swirled. the paint is so soft i removed swirls the with M205 and a megs yellow pad. No compound was used.

So after trying my softest pad Megs Beige Finishing Pad and having no luck. I ran out and Got some ultrafina and the ultrafina Pad. It Did help but still leaves swirls.

I was about to go buy Flex and all the ccs fine pads. But instead of spending 400+ dollars i figured i would ask for some help.

The car is a friends car he says it fine but i want perfection.

I cant sleep at night it driving me crazy.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

Similer to this

http://www.bmwblog.com/wp-content/uploads/DSC_0033.jpg

DP200248721
04-06-2012, 11:22 PM
You could always try Menzerna's 4500 (PO 85rd) I'm sure you could use it with the finishing pads you already own, I've always had great results on fine swirls and super soft paint. A lot cheaper then a new Flex plus pads, Best of luck

Kris R
04-06-2012, 11:42 PM
You could always try Menzerna's 4500 (PO 85rd) I'm sure you could use it with the finishing pads you already own, I've always had great results on fine swirls and super soft paint. A lot cheaper then a new Flex plus pads, Best of luck

I really really wish I knew what it was that I'm doing wrong with 85rd. People go absolutely ape s bonkers over this stuff and I find it to be useless on anything but perfect paint. It adds a tad of gloss and makes you pay double when trying to remove it.

SonOfOC
04-06-2012, 11:55 PM
That's strange. 19 years I've been detailing and 85rd is the best at jeweling. There's nothing better. Once in a 3m biased moon, you'll here someone say Ultrafina, otherwise nothing touchs 85rd, blue pad, and a rotary.

I really really wish I knew what it was that I'm doing wrong with 85rd. People go absolutely ape s bonkers over this stuff and I find it to be useless on anything but perfect paint. It adds a tad of gloss and makes you pay double when trying to remove it.

TREMEK
04-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Ok thanks Guys ill try some softer pads with some Menzerna's 4500.

Thanks for your input

Kris R
04-07-2012, 05:04 PM
That's strange. 19 years I've been detailing and 85rd is the best at jeweling. There's nothing better. Once in a 3m biased moon, you'll here someone say Ultrafina, otherwise nothing touchs 85rd, blue pad, and a rotary.
Well I guess that pretty much agrees with what I just said. Jeweling = glossing perfect paint." Prima amigo does that too. So does CG backlight.

silverfox
04-07-2012, 05:26 PM
This is an easy one.... The perfect product to finish down on finicky black paint is.... Sonax nano paint cleaner using a black or crimson finishing pad. Never disappoints.

VW 91
04-07-2012, 11:20 PM

I've grown to love 85RD. On soft paint I can go from M105/B&S Yellow to 85RD/B&S Green and it finishes down great. With a crimson HT pad 85RD finishes beautifully as well.

Agfan
04-07-2012, 11:33 PM

Wolfs wp-1n and sv cleaner fluid regular defiantly is as good if not better then 85rd. But you can't go wrong with any three.