PDA

View Full Version : Wax not beading after 2 weeks.

Pages : [1] 2 3

rdockery_3
04-06-2012, 07:25 PM
With the meguiars gold class my car would bead for half a year this year I used the professional high tech carnauba wax and after two weeks it's not beading anymore. Does that necessarily mean the wax is gone?

NickZ28
04-06-2012, 07:34 PM
it means it is time for another coat. Carnubas don't last as long as synthetics.

hoyt66
04-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Whiles carnubas aren't known for durability 2 weeks is a little light. How was your prep work before applying it?At the beginning of every season my routine is at the very least:
1) Wash with dawn dish soap to remove any old wax and contaminents
2) Clay surface to remove any embedded contaminents
3) Apply Pinnacle Paint Cleanser
4) Apply Wax
Like I said, thats the very least. I know my wax lasts (if beading signifies presence of wax) at least 4 weeks.
One more thing...If your car is really dirty and it gets rained on sometimes it won't bead. If you wash your car and then spray it with the hose does it bead? Good luck

rider9195
04-06-2012, 07:48 PM
It could be worn off. Did you let it cure for at least 12 hours? Have you washed it since? If so with what shampoo?

rdockery_3
04-06-2012, 08:04 PM
I've washed it with meguiars deep crystal car wash

Setec Astronomy
04-06-2012, 08:40 PM
I've washed it with meguiars deep crystal car wash

What concentration/dilution did you use?

BookemDano
04-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of "wax". I stopped using wax something like 20 years ago. IMO, sealants of all types are the way to go unless you're willing to apply wax ever month or so.

I use Zaino - Z2Pro and Z5Pro. For the last five years I've had no time to detail my Audis. Even after two years, my 2002 A4 was still beading and shiny. Perfect? No, but still beading.

If longevity is important, get a good sealant and forgo the extra "bling" that wax provides. Each to his/her own, but I don't like wax no matter how much "ultra deep, wet, blah, blah, shine" that it provides. Been there, done that. Not doing it any more. If a sealant doesn't give you want, try another. Zaino, Blackfire, and bunch of other brands work well.

Regards,

Dan.

rdockery_3
04-06-2012, 08:45 PM
I used what it said to on the back of the bottle 4 capfuls to every gallon of water

rdockery_3
04-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of "wax". I stopped using wax something like 20 years ago. IMO, sealants of all types are the way to go unless you're willing to apply wax ever month or so.

I use Zaino - Z2Pro and Z5Pro. For the last five years I've had no time to detail my Audis. Even after two years, my 2002 A4 was still beading and shiny. Perfect? No, but still beading.

If longevity is important, get a good sealant and forgo the extra "bling" that wax provides. Each to his/her own, but I don't like wax no matter how much "ultra deep, wet, blah, blah, shine" that it provides. Been there, done that. Not doing it any more. If a sealant doesn't give you want, try another. Zaino, Blackfire, and bunch of other brands work well.

Regards,

Dan.

I've been thinking about zaino. What about a synthetic wax like nxt?

ArkayoDeetayo
04-06-2012, 09:58 PM
With the meguiars gold class my car would bead for half a year this year I used the professional high tech carnauba wax and after two weeks it's not beading anymore. Does that necessarily mean the wax is gone?

lol was that a joke, Meguiars Gold Class last HALF A YEAR? I was lucky if I could get a full month on GOLD CLASS let alone 6 full months!

BookemDano
04-06-2012, 10:02 PM
I've never used nxt, but I think it's just a sealant with a different "marketing" name. (If it waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck...)

Regards,

Dan.

jsgntulok
04-06-2012, 10:21 PM

The one and only time I requested money back from Meguiars was after using Gold Class wax. No durability what so after.

rdockery_3
04-06-2012, 11:43 PM
It really did bead water 6 months later I sh*t you not.

rdockery_3
04-06-2012, 11:58 PM
Does anybody have any experience with any of the collinite waxes? How long do they last?

01GreyStangGT
04-07-2012, 12:18 AM
Collinite waxes last for a while. I used Gold Class at one time. Liked the looks, but was lucky to get 6 weeks out of it on an outside vehicle. Collinites are great if your car sits outside. 845 is easy to use.