PDA

View Full Version : Griots Stuff?

Pages : [1] 2

BTLew81
04-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Are there any must haves? I ask because I was in advance auto today and picked up their MF wash pad. Great for traditional washes as it hold a ton of suds.

Their car wash, spray on wax, speed shine, and one step sealant looked interesting.

Feedback on anything?

Thanks!

TimmyG
04-06-2012, 04:39 PM
I like the Griots MF wash pad/mitt/whatever you want to call it. Not to bash Griots or anything, but I'm simply not a huge fan of their stuff. I wouldn't consider anything in their product lineup to be a "must own". Just my unbiased $.02

Bamaboy007
04-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Are there any must haves? I ask because I was in advance auto today and picked up their MF wash pad. Great for traditional washes as it hold a ton of suds.

Their car wash, spray on wax, speed shine, and one step sealant looked interesting.

Feedback on anything?

Thanks!

If you in fact got the pad and not the mitt then I think that is the best wash microfiber I've ever owned..I don't like mitts. I like to squeeze my pad to get all dirty water out of it and I hate having to remove a mitt every time that I want to do that. I give the Griots Microfiber Wash PAD a 10 out of 10

TornadoRed
04-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Must haves - Window Cleaner and Pre-Wax Cleanser
Nice-to-haves - Wheel Cleaner, Paint Sealant, and One-Step Paint Sealant

dsottum
04-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Speed shine is one of the best QDs out there (by opinion of course). Spray wax is pretty decent as well, however I personally prefer Optimum's versions of both products over Griot's (not that it matters much for the sake of this conversation). I also like their MF wash pads/mitts but you have those

SRTSean
04-06-2012, 05:49 PM
The one step sealant and heavy duty wheel cleaner are good. Their clay is also a pretty good value.

longdx
04-06-2012, 06:15 PM
I have: Griot's Fine Glass Polish, One-Step Paint Sealant, Waterless Wash, and a slew of their microfiber cloths. I like Griot's Garage very much.

Finemess
04-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Speed Shine, rubber cleaner and wheel cleaner. :)

Gunslinger
04-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Speed Shine, Wheel Cleaner, Paint Sealant, Carnauba Wax Stick...first rate stuff.

Best of Show Wax...first rate finish, but takes effort to use if you don't follow instructions exactly.

Mag Wheel Polish...I didn't like that much...it's been discontinued.

Overall I like Griot's products a lot.

BookemDano
04-06-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm not a fan of Griot's stuff. I've tried a few items from their store. Overall the products a decent, but there are better choices out for the same or lower price. They are marketing company not a product company. I prefer product companies.

Regards,

Dan.

5.4 Shelby
04-06-2012, 08:56 PM
There are very few things of theirs I dont like.

I would put car wash, Rubber cleaner, Wheel Cleaner, interior cleaner and "Vinyl n Rubber Dressing" as must haves.

Speed Shine and Spray on Wash are real nice QDs. I also like the MF towels that are marketed for those specific chemicals.

Window cleaner is nice. I prob like Stoners better.

I like their clay a lot too.

I dont really care for their polishes. The Best of Show Wax looks awesome, but, can be hard to work with.

HellDemon
04-06-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm not a fan of Griot's stuff. I've tried a few items from their store. Overall the products a decent, but there are better choices out for the same or lower price. They are marketing company not a product company. I prefer product companies.

Regards,

Dan.

You can't necessarily say that because they're a marketing company they don't always make quality products. In this case, probably. But CG is PURELY run by marketing people, and jesus christ their website and descriptions are mind-numbing to go through. However, like others have said, CG does make some DAMN nice stuff, comparable/better than some of the offerings from BF for example, at a much lower price point (when bought in gallons).

Back on topic, Haven't tried much griots stuff; haven't found the need to. I have however, tried their finest sprayer and finest foaming sprayer; both good haha! Haven't had a single one fail on me yet, so I'm happy.

A-train
04-06-2012, 10:19 PM
There clay is good. I like it much better than Wolfgang or mothers.

jsgntulok
04-06-2012, 10:35 PM
I used to use a lot of Griots products but in recent years have switched back to Meguiars and Wolfgang. However, I still use Griots car wash shampoo and buy it by the gallon. I also really like their purple paste wax but they lost my business on that when they changed exclusively to the "deodorant stick" packaging. Now, I use Wolfgang Fusion exclusively so have no interest in their recently introduced premium carnauba wax.

Capa1970
04-07-2012, 07:20 AM
I really like Griot's HD Wheel Cleaner, Speedshine detailer, DA orbital buffer, Paint Prep, window cleaner, and their clay is awesome. I especially like that they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee and a lifetime warranty. Also, shipping is always free if you spend $25.