PDA

View Full Version : Will this order work?

descout
04-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Hello all,

I am going to detail my white 2000 chevy silverado. I plan on wash, clay bar, megs 205, then wax with Megs paste NXT tech wax 2.0. Will this order work? Paint is in good condition already as I wash and take good care of it. Should I wash after the clay bar? What color pad would one reccomend for the polish (DA)? I plan on applying the wax by hand with the foam applicator pad. Thanks

Setec Astronomy
04-06-2012, 09:58 AM
That should work. Up to you if you want to rewash after clay--if you have bits of clay stuck on the finish, then yes. I like to clay right after wash using fresh wash solution, then just rinse everything off again. Probably a white pad with the 205, but if you are doing it by hand with a foam applicator pad you probably don't have much choice on the foam color--unless you are using a Polishin' Pal and a 4" pad.

descout
04-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Would applying a megs showcar glaze 7 after the 205 polish and before the wax have any beneifit? I dont think it would add any protection but how about shine or depth?

TimmyG
04-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Would applying a megs showcar glaze 7 after the 205 polish and before the wax have any beneifit? I dont think it would add any protection but how about shine or depth?

Since your vehicle is white, my guess would be no. I've used the megs tech wax before and while it's not very durable, it's a pretty glossy wax imo.

Setec Astronomy
04-06-2012, 10:18 AM
I haven't found the Meg's glazes to have significant benefit on modern paints--I used to use them but it just seemed to be an extra step that wasn't doing much. Older laquer finishes, yes.