PDA

View Full Version : Rinseless wash and gloss/QD???

hoyt66
04-06-2012, 06:31 AM
I am a big fan of DP Rinseless Wash And Gloss. I recently received a free sample of Pinn Crystal Mist and it's awesome. I have not tried the DPRWG as a QD yet.

What are your thoughts as DPRWG for a QD. Am I comparing apples to oranges with these two products? Thanks

BobbyG
04-06-2012, 07:21 AM
I am a big fan of DP Rinseless Wash And Gloss. I recently received a free sample of Pinn Crystal Mist and it's awesome. I have not tried the DPRWG as a QD yet.

What are your thoughts as DPRWG for a QD. Am I comparing apples to oranges with these two products? Thanks

Like you, I'm a huge fan of Detailer's Pro Wash & Gloss! I does everything I need it to do and does it extremely well.

I would think that adding 2 ounces of this to 22 ounces of water would be a good place to start. Streaking is the way I'd look for too high of concentration and cut it worn from there. Maybe 2 ounces to 32 ounces of water....

silverfox
04-06-2012, 07:29 AM
My experience with using rinseless wash products as QDs...depends what you are after....

1) save money....YES

2) added protection....NO

3) safe....YES (more so than QD)

4) Added gloss...NO (there are far better products for that)

The DP product line are exceptional products, priced reasonably. I haven't yet tried the new version of ONR, but up to this point, I've always preferred DP rinseless over ONR.

steve swafford
04-06-2012, 08:03 AM
:dblthumb2:I use DP Wash & Gloss for all 3 purposes.Rinseless wash,QD,and clay lube,it works great for all.

Stang Man
04-06-2012, 08:06 AM
:dblthumb2:I use DP Wash & Gloss for all 3 purposes.Rinseless wash,QD,and clay lube,it works great for all.

Agreed here.

I don't use it very often for a quick detailer, but when I do I just grab my clay lube bottle and use that.

Not a fan of quick detailers overall- I only use it on trouble spots like bird poop and the like. Very seldom will I spray the entire car down, might as well just do a rinseless.

umi000
04-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Wasn't overly impressed with DP RWG as a QD - sure, it cleans fine, but it doesn't add much in terms of gloss and slickness. UWW+ is more impressive as a cleaning QD (and also adds more in terms of gloss and slickness), and my after-wash, looks QD of choice is OID.

Trevor
04-07-2012, 12:55 PM
I've used DP RWG diluted as a QD. I guess it works fine, depending on what I'm trying to do. I sometimes use that after I've used my california duster to remove the pollen we get so bad here.

But if I really want to add shine or as drying aid, I'm hooked on Finish Kare 425. Love that stuff.

I do really love the DP RWG though as my rinseless wash product. I also have ONR, but find myself reaching for the DP more.

opie_7afe
04-07-2012, 02:00 PM
i honestly find dedicated quick detailers pointless, so i would just use DPRWG. if i want slickness,gloss and protection i mix up duragloss rinsless because of the added aquawax, leaves a nice slick finish but me i use QD dilution as waterless wash, concentration is higher then rinseless washing so figured QD strength will have the higher lubricity needed to use as a waterless wash..of course i only waterless if its only been a day or so since i last washed