PDA

View Full Version : 911 Designer Dies

Glimmer Twin
04-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Just saw this about Ferdinand Porsche and thought the Porsche contingent might want to see it.

Ferdinand Porsche, 911 sports car designer, dies - Business - Autos - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46966251#.T33aR6tWrjs)

Porsche Pilot
04-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Truly a sad day for Porsche enthusiasts and hell, car folks in general. Butzi Porsche revolutionized the sports car brand and he will be missed. Thanks for posting the link up.

Mirror Finish
04-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Porsche, the family and the company are in a league of their own...what a history!

Porsche producing the first hybrid car...over a hundred years ago and the countless other achievements. His grandfather, founder of Porsche was awarded the title of Car Engineer of the Century. Then his son and grandson only continued the tradition.

Having driven by many times, I've been meaning to stop by the family estate in Zell am See, Austria, where members of the Porsche family lie.

Porsche Pilot
04-05-2012, 06:43 PM
I actually pocketed a daisy from their yard a few years ago. I had the roots and dirt and planned on planting it in my yard as a piece of history. Poor little flower did not survive sitting in my luggage on the way back to the States.

BentShaft
04-06-2012, 12:14 AM
If you have a Porsche - take it for the f___g long hard drive in memory of the man. He will be riding right along side you.

One of a kind man whose has made a lasting impression are true sports car enthusiasts.

Porsche Pilot
04-06-2012, 07:35 AM
If you have a Porsche - take it for the f___g long hard drive in memory of the man. He will be riding right along side you.

One of a kind man whose has made a lasting impression are true sports car enthusiasts.

That is today's plan Brian! How have you been?

pcw25
04-06-2012, 08:25 AM
That's very sad to hear. I have always been a Porsche fan, now I would like to see where the company is going to go with their vehicles...