PDA

View Full Version : Who has the Daytona & Wheel Woolies

shoeless89
04-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Hey guys just wanted to get your guys opinons. Since I got my Wheel Woolies I almost never use my Daytona brush anymore. Aside from being able to bend and clean behind the spoke does anyone really think this is a big advantage between the two? I feel like the wheel woolies clean better and easier then the Daytona AND I don't get any sling back from the bristles. Feed back please

2old2change
04-05-2012, 11:09 AM
I have both and find myself using the Daytona wheel brush only on wheels. The woolies are used on lots of various areas such as grills,vents etc. I have aquired a ton of brushes over the yrs from large scrub brushes for well and tires to the lowly tooth brush for finer work on trim etc. Would I buy any or all of these again ? Yep. They all have their use. Some more then others but all useful.

Bunky
04-05-2012, 11:12 AM
I do like the wheel woolies over the daytona style brush since I felt they cleaned better. However, even the smallest woolie cannot always squeeze between a caliper and a wheel.

embolism
04-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Al, have you tried the Griots version of the woolies? They look the same as the set sold here, just miniaturized....

and so is the price (miniaturized that is)

richy
04-05-2012, 12:09 PM
The brush I use hands-down more often than any other is the Race Glaze XL brush. It can get into the tightest of clearances between calipers and the barrel. It's an amazing brush. I bought myself a 2nd one as a backup, I love it that much!

IOMCAMARO
04-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Al, have you tried the Griots version of the woolies? They look the same as the set sold here, just miniaturized....

and so is the price (miniaturized that is)

They are made by the same company. Braun Brush. I have them and they are great. My wheels are 10" wide and it can reach the back of them with ease.

Stang Man
04-05-2012, 03:13 PM
The brush I use hands-down more often than any other is the Race Glaze XL brush. It can get into the tightest of clearances between calipers and the barrel. It's an amazing brush. I bought myself a 2nd one as a backup, I love it that much!

Can't seem to find these, who makes them?

Thanks!

richy
04-05-2012, 04:42 PM
PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderpicks
04-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Holy crap... i saw this thread... asking myself wth are these wheel woolies u guys are talking about...

Google'd and find that is a pack pf 3 stick for 49.99$
Man.. and i thought the daytona was expensive....................

rwright
04-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Holy crap... i saw this thread... asking myself wth are these wheel woolies u guys are talking about...

Google'd and find that is a pack pf 3 stick for 49.99$
Man.. and i thought the daytona was expensive....................

They are expensive, that's for sure. I use wheel woolies on large opening wheels and the Daytona on multi-spoke wheels and behind all spokes. The small woolie is used for honeycomb grille mostly. Researching Race Glaze XL now...

fenderpicks
04-05-2012, 05:20 PM
U guys are too ballers.... lol
I cant imagine myself spending 50$ for something look like a cotton candy on a stick....

pfix
04-05-2012, 06:06 PM
I love my Wheel Woolies. Worth every penny.

I still use the Daytona in addition to the Wheel Woolies. I can bend the stem on the Daytona to a 90 and clean the back side of the wheel spokes.

Pats300zx
04-05-2012, 06:25 PM
I have both 😄. With both I can clean just about all types of wheels.

Bunky
04-05-2012, 06:47 PM
U guys are too ballers.... lol
I cant imagine myself spending 50$ for something look like a cotton candy on a stick....

If you can find an over the counter equivalent, please share. It does look something you would find like a bottle cleaner or something. I passed getting one because felt the woolies were more useful but it is a hobby for me.