PDA

View Full Version : Steam Cleaner/ Vacuum Extractor combos???

Pages : [1] 2

Dirtyrango212
04-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Im thinking about getting a extractor or maybe a Steam Cleaner :dunno: something like the Vapor Clean DESIDERIO Desi Auto Steam Cleaner & Vacuum extractor best of both right? What do you guys think about them? Does anyone have or use one?

rider9195
04-04-2012, 08:42 PM
I have actually been looking at those. I found the features interesting and the specs seem good compared to others.

Subscribed for more opinions. :xyxthumbs:

Robert8194
04-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Both the steamer and extractor have a place in good detailing. My first go to tool is the steamer but there are things that only an extractor can do. If I knew what I know now, I probably would have gone with the combo machine. But, I have a steamer and an extractor so I guess I'm locked in. If you can get a machine that does both, go for it.

Dirtyrango212
04-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Both the steamer and extractor have a place in good detailing. My first go to tool is the steamer but there are things that only an extractor can do. If I knew what I know now, I probably would have gone with the combo machine. But, I have a steamer and an extractor so I guess I'm locked in. If you can get a machine that does both, go for it.

Agree totally! Im a little hesitant because I remember reading that when one thing goes down the whole thing goes down for repair understood but sounds xx expensive :doh:

1967MMG
04-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Hey guys,
actually my first post here. I'm learning a lot and enjoy seeing others techniques and experiences.
I have a small dealership in West Chester Ohio. I invested in the DESIDERIO last year. Over all its is a super adaptable piece of equipment. The steam portion of the unit is great. Tons of attachments. works great in tight spots or really tough tar/food stuff. Vacuum has good draw/suction I'm not that impressed with the extractor portion of the unit, water doesnt seem to come out as even as i'd like. The house also seems a bit short. I haven't had any repair issues so its been flawless so far. I like the water catch basin which helps with dust collection. Tool is used daily and seems to hold up well.

I like the size, i take it with me on trips and treat my parents to a clean car. also make my wife happy from the long hours at work by bringing it home and doing the carpets in the house.

James

sahrcar
04-04-2012, 09:40 PM
I just bought a VC 4000 steam cleaner and its done a lot of great stuff for me. Within the first few days I had it I got a call asking if I could remove the vinyl off of some ambulances and with the steamer I was able to! The unit I have has hot water injection with it so that way when I am doing the carpets and get to a stubborn stain I just hit the water injection button and it takes care of any stains I come across. It would be nice to follow up with a heavy duty extractor though as my basic shop vac takes a little while. However, there are some shop vacs out there like the Powr-flite which have over 100" water lift so these would be great for extraction purposes as well as regular vacuuming and they only cost about $160-200 or so. My next purchase will be another vacuum like that.

Uh! Another vacuum.. whomever marries me will be one lucky gal cause I already got 4 vacuums 2 of which already cost over $200 ( My dyson dc14 and a metro vac). Just dont expect me to know how to use them inside a house though! haha...

Dirtyrango212
04-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the info guys and :welcome: aboard :xyxthumbs:

SeaJay's
04-05-2012, 06:41 AM
I have the Vapor Clean Gaia...steamer/extractor in one.

It's been a decent machine but if I had to buy it again I wouldn't just based on the customer service I've received from the company. I bought the unit a little over a year ago. Within the first 4 months the extractor pump broke. And I rarely used the extractor. Maybe had 6 or 7 jobs on it.

When I sent it back the company was very hard to deal with and I literally had to hound them just to figure out what they did to fix it. Plus I had to harass them to get the $175 deposit they wanted back. And forget out the shipping which they state on their website is covered.

Overall the machine has been pretty good. The extractor I'm not thrilled with but the steamer works well. But just because of my experience with their customer service I'd never buy anything from them again. Just my 2 cents!

WindyCity
04-07-2012, 08:51 AM
I have a desdiero and if I had to do it again I would NOT get it for a detail business. The steamer works well however the Extractor sucks. The clear plastic waste water holding tank cracked when I was moving the unit and bumped something because it is not a very durable plastic (especially for mobile guys). The hose is short and since it is a vac/steam hose in one it is thick, heavy, and not very flexible. Plus there is no way to attach a towel (like the VX5000) to the triangle brush, so you have to either hold the towel, or try to clamp it which doesnt work well.

The extractor does little but piss cold water out in an inconstant stream and vacuum it up, doesnt even heat the water so whats the point?

Personally I rarely use it since it is more of a waste of time, I just use an APC and a towel for the hard surfaces and my mytee HP60 for the carpets which blows the desiderio away.

PLUS as mentioned earlier there are limited places that sell these things and their service sucks, and if it does need service you have to ship it to them and it is not cheap!

richy
04-08-2012, 11:58 PM
I bought a Gaia 3 years ago. It has been a great machine..up to 2 weeks ago. I don't hardly use my steamer over the winter, so when I fired it up, it was leaking steam out of the end of the hose. It leaks out at about the force of when it is on "low". I called the company and tried all the simple things to fix it. Jason had contacted me with the problems he had with his. I suggested he try to get it fixed locally and that didn't work out for him. Well, I live in an automotive town with a lot of talented people. I've got a retired guy I bring all my electronics to for him to fix. He couldn't open it, as it has these weird security screws on it. I took it back from him and actually found the screw drivers that fit it at Princess Auto. (that's a Canadian automotive supply place). I brought it back to him and now it's apart. I am going to order the part I need for it tomorrow provided it's not too expensive.
Apart from this latest episode, it has been fine for me. I don't own an extractor and didn't want one more big piece of machinery in my garage, so having both in one unit is a bonus for me. It has cleaned everything I have asked it to. (I'm always polite when I ask, LOL).
I just hope the part I will order will fix it and it won't be too much. At least I saved probably $100 in shipping back and forth.

604_Snooze
04-09-2012, 01:34 AM
If you have the cash, go with the Dupray Carmen Super Inox, if not, there is the Gaia, Daimer Kleenjet Mega 500v or 1000cv

Mobile detail
04-09-2012, 02:44 AM
Wow that's a pretty big statement coming from richy. There really hasn't been anything I couldn't takel with my mytee hp60 and tornador. I'm looking into getting a steamer, but can't justify $800 for one,nor do I think $90 Wagner will work for me. Kinda in a rock and a hard place...

richy
04-11-2012, 02:00 PM
An update: the parts I think I need only cost $40.!! If this is the case, this repair will be pretty cheap!

Dirtyrango212
06-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Time to :bump: this again sorry for never responding I've been busy and have only been on to read a post here and there :( I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for there help and input especially my buddy richy :dblthumb2: as always great in depth and professional! Be sure to check his stuff out great utube videos. Anyway I ended up buying a galaxy extractor off a friend of mine only 6 months old and $$ was right hay? not the best but its done everything I needed so far ;-) also I plan on getting a tornador and maybe a Wagner in the next few weeks? But again thanks for the input guys!!! :righton:

richy
06-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Time to :bump: this again sorry for never responding I've been busy and have only been on to read a post here and there :( I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for there help and input especially my buddy richy :dblthumb2: as always great in depth and professional! Be sure to check his stuff out great utube videos. Anyway I ended up buying a galaxy extractor off a friend of mine only 6 months old and $$ was right hay? not the best but its done everything I needed so far ;-) also I plan on getting a tornador and maybe a Wagner in the next few weeks? But again thanks for the input guys!!! :righton:

Thank you for the kind words! I'm having a love/hate relationship with my GAIA. For the most part it works, but it still leaks steam if it sits too long without being used once it has a head of steam. I can't argue with the results I get from it.