PDA

View Full Version : Any mechanics here?

Lone_Star
03-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Well I have been trying to figure out how to fix a couple of problems on my truck. First of all I have a crazy rattle in the passenger door that just started a couple of months ago. I tightened everything inside and nothing has stopped it. I also have a clunk from my drivers seat that is killing me. Any mechanics or silverado owners have any ideas? Any help is appreciated as I want these figured out.

Craig
03-14-2007, 09:22 AM
The passenger door, was anything laying in the bottom of the door?
The seat, could be a spring rubbing, evertime you move, hit a bump, it makes its noise. Just guessing.

greg'sgoat
03-14-2007, 09:26 AM
What kind of rattle in the door? Could be somthing in the bottom or it could be somthing around the arm rest area(like the window/lock bottons not seating well). Do you have A/C vents in the doors? The plastic trim on those can rattle. In fact, all the interior panels on the door can make noise when rubbing and could be a little rattle.

As far as the seat, also, what kind of noise/conditions? Doubt it's a spring, but could be somthing along the rail of the seat. Could be somthing where the back meets the bottom. Need a little more info. to help fully diagnose.

Lone_Star
03-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Sorry for leaving out information.

The door. There is nothing in the bottom, I cleaned it out. It seems to be coming from the upper left near the mirror. I tightened down everything, even the doors themselves.

The seat. I am pretty sure I have found where it is making noise, but don't know how to fix. Where the track meats the seat riser, the part that sits in the track attached to the seat is what is making the popping noise.

greg'sgoat
03-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Hmm...If you tighten everything, then I would have to guess it is somthing that snaps or clips in. Check the interior panels and trim on and round the door (like the door panel, the a piller panel etc.) for anything that is loose or wiggles ever so slightly. Any little virbration can be picked up and amplified while driving.
The seat is a little diffrent. My seat does the same thing sorta. When you press the button to slide them front or back, it almost feels like a roller coaster going over the chain while climbing. GM's fix is to replace the rail. That may be the case here. If you have any ideas on it, you can try. Maybe greasing the rails a little may help. If nothing like that works. Going to the local junk yard and pulling a new rail from a wrecked, silverado, trailblazer, envoy, seiera and whatever else is built in the same platform would work too. Good luck.

koibybrian
03-14-2007, 05:35 PM
hmm send me a private message and I maybe can see if our service group has any Ideas. Might take a couple of days.

FloridaNative
03-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Gearhead is a master mechanic. I would talk to him.

badazta87
03-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Is the window up or down when you hear the rattle? If the window is down try rolling it half way up to see if it stops. If it stopps rattling its your window that need to be adj.

Lone_Star
03-15-2007, 10:50 AM
koibybrian PM Sent

Jen, Hopefully gearhead will see this.

badazta87 since it is snowing the windows are up. It rattles whether the windows are up or down.

FloridaNative
03-15-2007, 04:23 PM
koibybrian PM Sent

Jen, Hopefully gearhead will see this.

badazta87 since it is snowing the windows are up. It rattles whether the windows are up or down.

He might not since he is a moderator on DC, he spends most of his time there, but you could PM him. He's super nice and I know he would be happy to help. His user name is GearHead_1.