PDA

View Full Version : Favorite mobile detail carpet cleaner

JonFD
04-04-2012, 11:17 AM
I don't have the space In my truck for a shampoo cleaning machine so for carpets now I like CG's carpet cleaner,nmostly for supreme spot cleaning.

I spray, let it sit, spray a little more, agitate with stiff brush, follow up with a microfiber cloth.

What I'm really curious about is what you all use as your carpet cleaner of choice whether your a mobile detailed or shop guy.
Thanks!

JonFD
04-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Ok so the extractors loom awesome althought pricey. Looks like I'm goin to be saving on some of the next details to get one. Easily use with mobile detailing?

shoeless89
04-04-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm mobile and I've got the Mytee Lite II. And I detail out of my 2007 Toyota Corolla so I understand the space issue lol I put my passenger seat all the way forward then put the Mytee on the ground behind it if that makes sense. When I go on a detail usually every inch of my car is packed full of stuff! But I'm making it work for now :) Hope that helps! And check your PM's

BWG707
04-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Try Folex, you buy it OTC at many stores.

storm100
04-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Folex works good as well.

JonFD
04-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the tips! I will be looking into all of these!

opie_7afe
04-04-2012, 04:19 PM
do you mean a carpet cleaning chemical? or do you mean a carpet cleaning machine?. for right now i just use a shop vac and a bissel little green machine suction nozzle on it, sure i don't have a sprayer or heated water but i have not had an issue without it, if i need heat ill use my steamer before extraction, of course you need to rinse so i use a small pump sprayer for that..product wise i use folex or megs APC+, im going to try zep high traffic for carpets instead of using my apc all the time....now if i had the money i would buy a mytee extractor hands down, if you do have the money i do not reccomend the durrmaid or aztek, heard bad reviews about both units.

Mobile detail
04-04-2012, 04:41 PM
They started carrying Folex at my Vons grocery store now lol. I use the Mytee spyder hp60. Expensive but worth it. I have read way too many issues both with the machine and customer service in regards to Durrmaid. The Aztek havne't heard as many bad things. The Mytee lite II seems like a solid machine, the only down side is the lower lift and psi.

As far as chemicals, I pretreat with my Tornador and either Megs APC or Automagic Special Cleaner and sometimes OPC. Out of those 3, my favorite is the AM Spec Clean. Great duiltion ratios and does everything I need it to. My 2nd choice would be OPC, but its a little expensive but then again is works.