PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain the difference between "Mild" clay and "Aggressive" clay?

Rez90
04-04-2012, 08:24 AM
The only clay i've used is Pinnacle Poly Clay which seems to work fine.

What is the difference between a mild clay and aggressive? and why would you use an "Aggressive" clay...

Thanks.

Setec Astronomy
04-04-2012, 08:34 AM
The difference...well, one is mild, and one is aggressive.

You would use a very mild or ultrafine clay on a frequently clayed and/or well cared for vehicle. Examples would be the Sonus SFX or Meguiar's Smooth Surface.

You would use a medium or normal clay on a car with normal contamination or fallout, like a new car that's got transit or lot contamination on it, or any other car that's never been clayed or hasn't been in a long time. Examples: Meguiar's C2000 or Griot's yellow.

Aggresive clay is usually for paint overspray. Examples would be the Meguiar's C2100 (red).

I'm sure Mike is going to beat me in here or shortly follow me with about 10 times more info and make me look like a slacker :D

shoeless89
04-04-2012, 09:43 AM
The difference...well, one is mild, and one is aggressive.

You would use a very mild or ultrafine clay on a frequently clayed and/or well cared for vehicle. Examples would be the Sonus SFX or Meguiar's Smooth Surface.

You would use a medium or normal clay on a car with normal contamination or fallout, like a new car that's got transit or lot contamination on it, or any other car that's never been clayed or hasn't been in a long time. Examples: Meguiar's C2000 or Griot's yellow.

Aggresive clay is usually for paint overspray. Examples would be the Meguiar's C2100 (red).

I'm sure Mike is going to beat me in here or shortly follow me with about 10 times more info and make me look like a slacker :D

Couldn't have said it better! :iagree: