PDA

View Full Version : cg products i should look at?

rymahoney
04-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Guys new to the forum. Im in LA on a business trip and just realized chemical guys show room is not to far. Have the day off tommorow and i was thinking of taking a ride there. Just wondering which products i should look at. I detail my vehicles alot and also family and friends but typically just use walmart stuff and looking to upgrade. i just ordered a gg buffer so i want a 3 step process to apply to vehicles. also looking for interior stuff along with something for wheel wells. So basically looking to upgrade all of my detail products. Are there products good and is the showroom worth the trip.
Thanks

rider9195
04-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Welcome to Autogeek Online! I would look at Blacklight, V7, EZ Creme Glaze, Diablo Wheel Gel, their microfiber towels, Inner Clean, Citrus Wash and Clear, Citrus Wash and gloss. Just some popular products.

SonOfOC
04-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Products are good, showroom is awesome. Stock up on MF towels while you're there. Nothing beats being able to see and feel the MF towels before buying.

All the soaps are top notch.
MF towels are best bang for buck.
Blackligh AIO + V7.
5050 and Pete's waxes.
Glass Cleaner
Interior dressing: New Car Shine, Natural Shine, Inner Clean.
G6 Hyper tire dressing.

Only items I would NOT recommend is CG polishes and compounds. Stay with Meg, Optimum, or Menzerna for that.

PA DETAILER
04-04-2012, 06:15 AM
maxi suds II
new look trim gel restorer

two fantastic products.

Agfan
04-04-2012, 06:48 AM
I agree with sonofoc with recomondations. But the optical group is awesome. I prefer them over menzerna but they are too expensive IMO. If they were cheaper I would buy them in bulk. Easy to use and works fast. If your only going to use them on your car and family it would be worth it to check them out.

JonFD
04-04-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm a huge fan there clay bars. I know supposedly there are only 4-5 companies worldwide that make clay, but whatever they add to theres works the best for me. Inexpensive as well.

shoeless89
04-04-2012, 12:49 PM
My favorite products from CG are . .
Citrus Wash Red for old LSP removal
Bare Bones for wheel wells. I only really use it on my car, I use Meguiar's Hyper Dressing on customer/client cars.
BlackLight and V7 for an amazing look, not very durable though.
Stripper Scent again I only really use that on my own car and spraying my room lol But they NAILED the smell

rustytruck
04-04-2012, 01:22 PM
we need someone to check out the Eco pod and give us a full report. Just kidding! (not really I would love a full report) welcome to the site

silverfox
04-04-2012, 01:33 PM
1) Any of their car shampoos
2) Glossworkz Glaze (EZ Creme on steroids)
3) Blacklight
4) V7
5) JetSeal 109
6) G6 Hyper Dressing (tires)...this stuff rocks
7) Pete's 53. 50/50, or XXX waxes...all winners
8) MF towels...Monster Blues or their new cotton/MF hybrid (best of the best)
9) MF polishimg pads

for starters...you'll need a bigger wallet

MustangMikeFL
04-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Agreed with the previous posts about the MF's, great quality at low cost. Also, pick up Glossworkz Glaze while you're there since it's hard to find otherwise. That is of course if you want a filling glaze in your arsenal. I like their leather conditioner and their stripper scent as well so check those out too.

Stang Man
04-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Blacklight/V7 combo, any of their carnubas, and STRIPPER SCENT.

Another vote for the G6 hypercoat too. Even when it's worn off, the tire looks better than bare rubber- it's hard to explain!

rymahoney
04-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Guys just left show room. Real nice guys there and a nice display. Here is what I left with
P40 detailer quick spray
200g clay bar
Waterless system
Citrus wash and gloss
V36
V39
Jet seal 109
Black light
Vo7
G6 hyper coat
Stripper scent
8 microfiber towels
1 grit guard
3 spray bottles
Total was $148 he gave me some great deals I thought. All were 16 oz some need diluted.

david11g35
04-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Let us know how you like the V series polishes. I work 5 mins away from the warehouse. Im in there all the time

MustangMikeFL
04-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Guys just left show room. Real nice guys there and a nice display. Here is what I left with
P40 detailer quick spray
200g clay bar
Waterless system
Citrus wash and gloss
V36
V39
Jet seal 109
Black light
Vo7
G6 hyper coat
Stripper scent
8 microfiber towels
1 grit guard
3 spray bottles
Total was $148 he gave me some great deals I thought. All were 16 oz some need diluted.

That's a nice haul there. You should get some great results from these products! Congrats!

Stang Man
04-05-2012, 08:28 AM
P40 detailer quick spray
200g clay bar
Waterless system
Citrus wash and gloss
V36
V39
Jet seal 109
Black light
Vo7
G6 hyper coat
Stripper scent
8 microfiber towels
1 grit guard
3 spray bottles

Man what a haul, nice! I've heard great things about that Citrus Wash & Gloss too!