PDA

View Full Version : Got a new baby tonight

Surfer
03-13-2007, 10:39 PM
8525 - Cingular Wireless (http://business.cingular.com/businesscenter/8525/index.jsp)

Uploaded my pics on my desktop but for some reason it won't let me log on to Autogeek, kept telling me my password was incorrect? Weird....had to log on here but I don't have my laptop setup for the picture program the camera has. 1st website I went to was Autogeek on it lol, got a pic of it.

Not a cheap phone but this thing friggen rocks:righton:. Looked at the Blackberry 8800, BB Pearl, Treo 750, Cingular Blackjack etc. No comparison, this phone is like a full mini PC lol. So much easier to use with the slide out keyboard that's laid out perfectly. So many upgrades and applications as well being Windows based. Very quick online, I have unlimited data, browses just a tad slower then my DSL at home. I need something like this for business, so if I'm out I can edit documents that come in, foward PDF files on to where they need to go etc, now I don't have to worry about rushing back to the office if something important comes in etc.

Built in Wi-Fi, can fully edit word documents and Excell, PDF files which is very importnant in my business etc. Still going through setting it up for all my different email accounts and everything. It's actually quite small as well, looks big in pics but it's not, was suprised when I went to the store to get it.

Love to play more on it but I have to finish up 3 Proposals for Commercial property by tomorrow morning for a client, ughhh, no sleep tonight, stupid sellers and their demands...couldn't make up their minds till last minute lol.

ltoman
03-13-2007, 10:48 PM
wow!
totally cool, surfer, totally!
I don't think i would be able to fogure out how in the heck to work iy\t!!
enjoy!!

lauren
i love penguins

Nuke33
03-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Nice

HighEndDetail
03-13-2007, 10:51 PM
cool

Surfer
03-13-2007, 10:51 PM
wow!
totally cool, surfer, totally!
I don't think i would be able to fogure out how in the heck to work iy\t!!
enjoy!!

lauren
i love penguinsStill figuring it out, but it's pretty simple, it's almost like using Windows at home, so like 2nd nature. But really suprised at how powerful this little thing is, and theres so much room for upgrades and all kinds of hacks I found on forums like Howard and XDA.

It has a Transcriber mode that is way cool if your emailing texting or writing in Word etc. Just use the stylus on the screen and write and it automatically will type what your writing.

supercharged
03-14-2007, 03:55 AM
You should have gotten Iphone...:D
just kidding, it is a nice phone.

ryandamartini
03-14-2007, 04:25 AM
I have the same model, dont ya just love it? The keyboard gets REALLY addictive!

And Im glad you took my advice in your old thread! :) You wont regret it! Just make sure you clear out your running background programs every day or so! The phone keeps them open to kep up performance.

start - > settings, device-> memory ->clear/end all

PocketTV - MPEG Movie Player for Smartphone, Pocket PC Phone, and other Mobile Devices (http://www.pockettv.com)

Surfer
03-14-2007, 08:43 AM
This phone is crazy lol, I can't believe how powerful it is multi tasking, I can be streaming radio, web browsing etc all at once and it doesn't flinch. I thought about the Apple iPhone, but I don't think it comes out till this summer, and I needed something now, and that phone seems mroe geared to entertainment, not sure how flexible it will be with apps and downloads like the Windows based units are.

Keyboard rocks, blows away any other phone on the market, the Smart Phones like BB, Blackjack etc are too hard to type fast with all the buttons squished together. After a couple minutes with this phone, I was already used to the keyboard and layout, so easy amd intuitive to use.

Think I paid 476 for the phone or something like that + another 100 for Blue Tooth thingy (damn those little things are expensive, thought they were like 20 bucks lol), and the PDA Connect plan for 49 a month that has unlimited internet/data usage etc. Not cheap, but so worth it. I got the last unit, my girl at the store said business people have just been eating up this phone, they don't get many units in since it's still new and when they do, pow, their gone.

Nica
03-14-2007, 09:08 AM
Very nice phone Surfer, where I work they are contemplating on purchasing some of those phones for us. I really hope they do, supposed to be the best type of phone for "business" use.

Keep us posted on how it works out for you buddy, I'd really like your feed back as you get more familiar with it. I did some research on the phone but I didn't go in to depth research.

bambo2888
03-14-2007, 09:12 AM
thats the one that I would have chosen too. I got rid of my treo about a month ago because it was way too much of a hastle, especially with the Palm OS.

Surfer
03-14-2007, 04:07 PM
LOL, this phone already saved me today. I was going to meet a client for one of my Commercial deals. Start heading down to Fort Lauderdale ad the area the place was in ended up under construction and some signs were down, streets blocked etc. I forgot I had the phone on me, and was like oh sh!t...lol. Turned this bad boy on, connected online, went to google maps and I got a short cut route to the place. It was like driving through a maze and luckily I had an actual picture on the screen as some signs were down so even if I called and got directions I still would have been lossed since some streets didn't have signs, I just followed the road layout like a maze.

I'll say it one more time, this phone rocks:D

ltoman
03-14-2007, 04:09 PM
This phone is crazy lol, I can't believe how powerful it is multi tasking, I can be streaming radio, web browsing etc all at once and it doesn't flinch. I thought about the Apple iPhone, but I don't think it comes out till this summer, and I needed something now, and that phone seems mroe geared to entertainment, not sure how flexible it will be with apps and downloads like the Windows based units are.

Keyboard rocks, blows away any other phone on the market, the Smart Phones like BB, Blackjack etc are too hard to type fast with all the buttons squished together. After a couple minutes with this phone, I was already used to the keyboard and layout, so easy amd intuitive to use.

Think I paid 476 for the phone or something like that + another 100 for Blue Tooth thingy (damn those little things are expensive, thought they were like 20 bucks lol), and the PDA Connect plan for 49 a month that has unlimited internet/data usage etc. Not cheap, but so worth it. I got the last unit, my girl at the store said business people have just been eating up this phone, they don't get many units in since it's still new and when they do, pow, their gone.

Ouch! Expensive present but sounds like it is worth it. What you pay for is generally what you get.
Too tech-savvy for me.
Enjoy it!!

abrcrombe
03-14-2007, 04:19 PM
LOL, I thought it was a new car when I read the title. :(

White95DodgeRam
03-14-2007, 05:33 PM
i had an 8125 when i worked for cingular it really is a nice phone but can be a bit slow when it comes to playing movies on windows media...but definantly alot better than my old audiovox xv 6600 i had with verizon....

now im lookin at gettin the tmobile dash :D im a pda ##### :D