PDA

View Full Version : Glazed before Waxed...now what?

dw215
04-03-2012, 10:19 AM
HI!

This past weekend I , clay barred, polished, waxed, then glazed.
Yesterday i read that I should have glazed before i waxed!

What should i do now?

Glaze again this weekend, then wax again?
Polish, glaze, wax again?

Or just leave it?

Or is there something else you recommend?

embolism
04-03-2012, 11:01 AM
I'd just leave it then do it in the proper order next time you feel like waxing.

What products are you using and what is your goal in using the glaze (filling, looks, etc)?

FUNX650
04-03-2012, 11:23 AM
HI!

This past weekend I , clay barred, polished, waxed, then glazed.
Yesterday i read that I should have glazed before i waxed!

What should i do now?

Glaze again this weekend, then wax again?
Polish, glaze, wax again?

Or just leave it?

Or is there something else you recommend?

First of all...Since glazes are notorious for their lack of durability...don't worry about the glaze you've already applied---It'll quickly be gone! Then, as mentioned, during your next detailing session, apply the glaze under the wax, if that's what you so desire to do.

Note:
I've been known to apply a "pure polish" (like Meg's #7 Show Car Glaze) atop whatever previous LSP-wax/sealant for gaining what usually amounts to a self-perceived edge at Car Shows. (But that's a secret...Please don't tell anybody. :D)

:)

Bob

szjalo
04-03-2012, 04:02 PM
So the number 7 can actually be applied on top of wax? That's a cool tip. Thanks bob

FUNX650
04-03-2012, 06:17 PM
So the number 7 can actually be applied on top of wax? That's a cool tip. Thanks bob

Thank you sir...I actually got this #7 tip from one of my High School shop teachers around 50 years ago...been using #7 for "one thing or another" on SS and BC/CC ever since then.

Another recipe I like is a 50/50 mix of #7 and #26 (liquid). Besides this combination's cornicopia of #7's oils and the "hybridness" of #26 producing a very wet and deep appearance, it seems, at least to: my-eye-of-the-beholder-position, to increase the longevity of #7 somewhat.

Bob

silverfox
04-03-2012, 07:33 PM
If you had Wet Glaze 2.0 you could put it on after wax or sealant with no problem. Its unique that way. I'd just leave it as is. No sense of doing it over at this point.

dw215
04-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Thanks guys, appreciate it!

szjalo
04-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Thank you sir...I actually got this #7 tip from one of my High School shop teachers around 50 years ago...been using #7 for "one thing or another" on SS and BC/CC ever since then.

Another recipe I like is a 50/50 mix of #7 and #26 (liquid). Besides this combination's cornicopia of #7's oils and the "hybridness" of #26 producing a very wet and deep appearance, it seems, at least to: my-eye-of-the-beholder-position, to increase the longevity of #7 somewhat.

Bob
WOW! This is totally awesome. I have a few bottles of #7 and Deep crystal polish(Meguiar claimed it's the closest one to #7). I barely used them. And now I got a great reason to used them! Awesome tips!

OVRKLL
04-05-2012, 01:23 AM
Sorry for the newbie question, but what is "Glaze" and what is it's purpose?

Thank you!