PDA

View Full Version : Blacklight vs. Blackhole, is there a difference?

Larry S
04-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Is there a difference between CG Blacklight and PB Blackhole? Reading the descriptions and reviews, it seems they both do the same thing. Is this right?

Thanks,
Larry

Setec Astronomy
04-03-2012, 08:16 AM
Sure they both do the same thing. Are they they same? Only your hairdresser knows for sure.

Flannigan
04-03-2012, 09:25 AM
IMO Blacklight has more "cut" to it, while Blackhole has more fill to it. Blacklight is the superior product IMO, but if you have a black car that is perfectly polished and you want to give it that little extra "umpf" you can't beat blackhole.

Ginnova
04-23-2012, 05:36 PM
can you put a coat of sealant on top of these products?

silverfox
04-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Blacklight is also a sealant that holds up pretty well on its own and can be topped with either another sealant or wax so it's nothing like black hole.

embolism
04-23-2012, 08:43 PM
I dunno about filling... I've used blackhole, blacklight and prima amigo and the only one that I noticed a big difference with is blacklight. Haven't used it by machine yet.

Was thinking of 106FA on white followed by blacklight on a black pad for my spring detail...

SON1C
04-23-2012, 08:45 PM
from what I read theyre both great products, however black hole is a glaze and black light is a glaze sealant (if i understood them correctly)

cg recommended applying black light by hand iirc

embolism
04-23-2012, 08:48 PM
second application is recommended by hand. Since it has cleaners, you'll probably take off anything put down by the first coat if you use a machine for the second coat.

Silverfox uses it like PO85rd. Can't wait to try it like that. I've always been too cheap to spring for the 32oz bottle...

rwright
04-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Was thinking of 106FA on white followed by blacklight on a black pad for my spring detail...

Definitely interested in the results.

Silverfox uses it like PO85rd.

Interesting.

Detail_Dude
04-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Probably obvious difference, but Black Light is a Chemical Guys product and Black Hole is a Poorboy's World product.

Hey - you never know....maybe the OP knew, maybe not...

HotRodJoe
05-06-2012, 08:27 AM
When this thread was first posted, I wondered how the two products could be considered similar...but I used BL for the first time last night and they smell similar and look kinda similar. However, they do work a little different and have a different finish...pretty much what you'd expect when comparing glazes and sealants. Not sure if I like the BL better than BFWD yet, though. But I haven't tried topping the BL like is so popular here.

Larry S
05-07-2012, 05:25 AM
HotRodJoe, Keep me posted on your findings, please. I have yet to decide on which yet?

Thanks,
Larry

crackervol
05-15-2012, 10:06 PM
just got my Blackhole. Gotta start reading those descriptions closer. I did not want anything with cleaning agents. ( another bottle sitting on the shelf) The bottle says it can be used on chrome .. ? Might end up trying it out on my Harley this week end. ( oh well )

suitcasejohnny
11-10-2015, 04:40 PM
I used Blacklight a couple of weekends ago, and I was really pleased with the results. It definitely lessened a few small surface imperfections, and really made the shine deep. I just used one application, by hand, followed by one application of JetSeal, also by hand. The finish really looks and feels great! My neighbor even commented that it looks better than most cars look coming off the lot!

Having said that, I definitely recommend using a clay bar before using any of these products. I used one for the first time on my girlfriend's 8 year old car, and didn't on my 10 month old car. Her finish feels much more smooth than mine does! I was shocked! Gonna have to clay mine this spring, I guess. :)