PDA

View Full Version : A Week With B & B Detailing - Nashville Tn - Video Teaser

Bates Detailing
04-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Hey guys,

Been working hard on this video - this is as far as I have gotten, but would love your insights on even the intro. There is MUCH more to come, but what do you think so far?!?!?!?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqYPnxoR6bg&context=C4d77fc1ADvjVQa1PpcFPi7Hs43WHlBDaAtUrC4HQ-58cedyhLdTM=]B & B Detailing - A Week with B & B - Teaser Trailer - Nashville TN - YouTube[/video]

Bates Detailing
04-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Bump - late night post :/

Bates Detailing
04-03-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm shocked no feedback on this vid! Is it that bad!?! Any suggestions guys :dunno:

Kaiser37
04-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Nice video! It gave a positive view on your business and what you do. Looks like you do very good work. Some constructive criticism I have would be to use a steady base fore your camera. Weather that be a camera guy or a tripod, I'm not sure. I am not a professional either. :) I just noticed the camera being shaky in many of the shots.

glittle75
04-03-2012, 06:01 PM
not trying to be rude, but heres my feedback, and I am in no way a video critic or anything, just my regular joe feedback.
Its about your detailing. The only detailing I see going on is the red truck. And thats for a new customer. There should be some focus on this, like a before and after. Customers want to see a 'whats in it for me' not look at all the shiny products.
I would maybe cut out the semi part all together. They still looked dirty in the video, and yea i understand they are semi's but still. Maybe get a shot of the fleet chevys that are on your website instead.

Are you using this video to attract new clients? or just as a "look at what we do" video?

Maybe get some closer shots of the vehicles too. And the Bikes were in bad lighting to show them off as detailed. Maybe pull the outside or get them in some nice flourescent lights somewhere. Seems like they were in a garage with a single light bulb, not the best for showing them off.

And as mentioned before, little bit of a shaky camera, but sometimes you cant avoid that, but try to.

glittle75
04-03-2012, 06:09 PM
One more thing I wanted to browse your site before I posted it. When dude is working on the red truck in the video, stuff is strown everywhere. We all know thats what happens when you are doing it, but maybe clean it up a bit for a photo or video shoot.

And the reason i wanted to look at your site. Almost all the pictures of the detailing on the site, there are products, brushes, and othe stuff in the pictures laying around that, in my eye, take away from the pictures showing off the vehicles. The red truck was the worst on the site. Pieces of hose or something, brushes, generator, etc. all laying around, and the wiper blades were still up on the truck. If your taking the finished pictures, it should be after the whole job is finished. not just after the cleaning is finished.

WRXINXS
04-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Nice video, I liked it! Thinking about working on all those semi's in a row is pretty intimidating!

BobbyG
04-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Hey Anthony,

I watched the video and I think spending a little more time on sections of the vehicles allowing the viewer to see the level of attention you've given any one section.

Lighting is important and be sure the area around the vehicle is picked up and uncluttered.

The video needs to be steady. I suggest a tripod mount or use a camera with a stabilization feature be used.

It might not hurt to take a look at what other sites offer to get a tip or two that could really make huge impact from the customers perspective.

Bates Detailing
04-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Nice video! It gave a positive view on your business and what you do. Looks like you do very good work. Some constructive criticism I have would be to use a steady base fore your camera. Weather that be a camera guy or a tripod, I'm not sure. I am not a professional either. :) I just noticed the camera being shaky in many of the shots.

Cool thanx man - Im agreeing after watching it again about the shakiness.... after pointing it out it irritates me now lol!

not trying to be rude, but heres my feedback, and I am in no way a video critic or anything, just my regular joe feedback.
Its about your detailing. The only detailing I see going on is the red truck. And thats for a new customer. There should be some focus on this, like a before and after. Customers want to see a 'whats in it for me' not look at all the shiny products.
I would maybe cut out the semi part all together. They still looked dirty in the video, and yea i understand they are semi's but still. Maybe get a shot of the fleet chevys that are on your website instead.

Are you using this video to attract new clients? or just as a "look at what we do" video?

Maybe get some closer shots of the vehicles too. And the Bikes were in bad lighting to show them off as detailed. Maybe pull the outside or get them in some nice flourescent lights somewhere. Seems like they were in a garage with a single light bulb, not the best for showing them off.

And as mentioned before, little bit of a shaky camera, but sometimes you cant avoid that, but try to.

One more thing I wanted to browse your site before I posted it. When dude is working on the red truck in the video, stuff is strown everywhere. We all know thats what happens when you are doing it, but maybe clean it up a bit for a photo or video shoot.

And the reason i wanted to look at your site. Almost all the pictures of the detailing on the site, there are products, brushes, and othe stuff in the pictures laying around that, in my eye, take away from the pictures showing off the vehicles. The red truck was the worst on the site. Pieces of hose or something, brushes, generator, etc. all laying around, and the wiper blades were still up on the truck. If your taking the finished pictures, it should be after the whole job is finished. not just after the cleaning is finished.

not trying to be rude - no worries at all man, this is exactly why I tossed it up here - for criticism good or bad!

The only detailing I see going on is the red truck. And thats for a new customer. There should be some focus on this, like a before and after. Customers want to see a 'whats in it for me' not look at all the shiny products.

This is the intro to the full movie - I have about 3 hours of unedited videos of before and afters that will be in the full vid (gonna take a long while to finish I think!)

Little bit of both - also just to give people an idea of what a week as a mobile detailer is like as well for people like AGians that are thinking of starting one up or anyone similar.

Again, we have tons of unedited vids with much closer shots (still shaky though :/). It was like 10 at night or so when we finished the last bike, so we snapped what we could with it - are you saying that they should completely be removed from the vid cause the lighting is that bad?

:iagree: I can say that those are the only descent pics that I really have right now so they will have to do for now. Taking pics is kind of rare for us cause we get slammed having to go from here to there all the time - pics are the last thing on our minds most of the time. That has alot to do with snapping pics with tools around "hurry get some pics!" is said alot lol! When we get great befors we forget to get afters and vice versa - this is not a take your time hobby for us: it is a take your time, do a great job, then rush to the other jobs lol!

I would maybe cut out the semi part all together. They still looked dirty in the video, and yea i understand they are semi's but still.

We were and are only detailing the interiors of all those semis, not touching the exteriors - that was only to show the quantity that was given to us at once. So maybe change that short semi section to us detailing the interior of the semi?!?!?

Also, by the way - welcome to AG lol!

Nice video, I liked it! Thinking about working on all those semi's in a row is pretty intimidating!

Thanks man - preciate it :dblthumb2:

Hey Anthony,

I watched the video and I think spending a little more time on sections of the vehicles allowing the viewer to see the level of attention you've given any one section.

Lighting is important and be sure the area around the vehicle is picked up and uncluttered.

The video needs to be steady. I suggest a tripod mount or use a camera with a stabilization feature be used.

It might not hurt to take a look at what other sites offer to get a tip or two that could really make huge impact from the customers perspective.

Thanx Bobby - Im gonna try to work on all that for sure. These things I never really thought of till pointed out :/ Hell, I may try to take a photo/video class if I ever find the time :xyxthumbs: - Good points and I appreciate your help man!

twisted1
04-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Can't wait for the full video bro!
Interesting to see the various sides depicting the detail biz.
Helluva week . Doesn't seem as boring as some pros make it out to be.

glittle75
04-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Thanks for not getting all upset about my comments. From the looks of the vehicles, you guys do good work. Just the advertising and selling point is rough around the edges.
Either way, for the bikes, I was saying just get some more footage in better lighting. For the semis, I think what killed it was you were walking from back to front. Walking from back to front you can still see the dirty mudflaps, the greasy 5th wheels, and the rusted stacks.
A different camera angle of the same trucks would probly do wonders. Like a walk from the front of the trucks to the back of the front row showing the back row. That away you can hide the dirty backside of the truck with angles. It will still be there, but the camera wont see it. And maybe for the closest truck to you in the shot, run some QD over it just to give it shine a little, and the camera will pick up the shine, and you'll still be far away enough to not pick up imperfections.

I cant wait to see the whole video. Posting this on here was a great idea, and your video will be that much better becasue of it.

Vegas Transplant
04-04-2012, 04:18 AM
Living the life....

I clicked here to see the photoshoot models...:laughing:

Keep doing your thing hand. Awaiting the finished product. Might have to send it to Sundance.

Bates Detailing
04-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Can't wait for the full video bro!
Interesting to see the various sides depicting the detail biz.
Helluva week . Doesn't seem as boring as some pros make it out to be.

Thanks man - yeah this video is more just about a week depicting what we and what we did for a one week period..... not trying to make it super fancy or pro movie quality, but I think it will still be enjoyable!

Bates Detailing
04-04-2012, 07:16 AM
Living the life....

I clicked here to see the photoshoot models...:laughing:

Keep doing your thing hand. Awaiting the finished product. Might have to send it to Sundance.

LOL - no super models..... just a bunch of cool emo people lol.