PDA

View Full Version : LSP for white

Pages : [1] 2

fairlady350z
04-02-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm looking for a LSP for a white xterra (plain white, no metallic or pearl). I am looking for a product to give the paint some depth, which I know is hard to do on white. The waxes that I already have are souveran paste, MaxWax, natty's blue (liquid and paste) or is there a better option out there? I'm looking at fuzion or dodo diamond white, but I am open to suggestions. What does everyone think? Thanks in advance for everyone's input.

BobbyG
04-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Collinite 845 (http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-insulator-wax-845.html)

fairlady350z
04-02-2012, 06:17 PM
as far as sealants go I have WGDPS 3.0 and poorboys ex-sealant on hand.

BWG707
04-02-2012, 06:18 PM
It's extremely hard to see any differences in most LSPs when they are applied correctly. I have yet to find a LSP dedicated to individual colors that actually shows a difference. Understand this is just my opinion from my observations and obviously I have not used every LSP product out there. I will go so far as to recommend Collinite 845, it's an outstanding product, especially at it's price point.

rider9195
04-02-2012, 06:21 PM
+2 on the Collinite 845. Love this product. But if you want to stick with the products you have, I would put down a layer of DGPS and let cure for 12 hours. Then apply any carnauba wax.

Personally I love my Blackfire Midnight Sun Paste Wax. It goes on super easy and wipes off even easier. It will last longer than some traditional waxes due to the formula having some polymers in it. It really does change the look of your paint in my experiences.

eaglefan
04-02-2012, 06:25 PM
I have a white avalanche. 2 coats of wet diamond, 2 coats of midnight sun. Have never seen a white vehicle look that deep and have the "wetness" that the ava has. But it is ALL in the prep. I did Menzerna SIP, powerfinish. For fun, I followed it up with micro polish. Lately I have been drying it with CG V7, it takes it to the next level!

Jaretr1
04-02-2012, 07:07 PM
From my conversations with PJ from Dodo, and the guy from Poorboys, a way to get depth and richness from white is to use a colored wax or glaze. White for me is a love hate relationship. I have two white cars and as nice as white looks, white just lacks the visual pop, no matter what I do.

opie_7afe
04-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Collinite 845 (http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-insulator-wax-845.html) there is nothing more to say! its just THAT GOOD!, 845 is like a ford pinto with a 2jzgte under the hood,bottle dont look pretty but the job it does is nothing short of spectacular!. whats even better then 845, is 845 topped with another "beauty wax" or a spray wax like xmt360 spray wax or optimum car wax. when i drive my car i look out my side mirror and always say " man my car is glossy" but 98% of the final look is from the polishing and having a level finish though so always remember that.

FUNX650
04-03-2012, 01:48 AM
To start with...Unless the vehicle has a SS paint system, you will not be applying an LSP to 'white paint'. Instead, an LSP will be applied to a non-pigmented clear-coat, which is the top-coat paint-film of a BC/CC paint system.

Now...Once the CC paint-film, of a BC/CC paint system, has been properly detailed (such as: washed; decontaminated; clayed; polished) to meet the expected standards set forth by, and of, the detailer...It (the CC paint film) will then be at one of its most glossiest/reflective/shiniest moments. This 'corrected' CC paint film will then allow the truest hue of the BC's color to "shine through"...(And since we're on the subject)...Even if it happens to be a white, or most other light-colored, BC paint films.

Another thing to keep in mind is the color spectrum, how colors are "made", and how it is even possible for us human beings to actually see color(s).

A good rule of thumb I go by is: Along with the 'corrected-CC' reflecting light, the now exceptionally-well, shining-through-the-CC, BC white colors will also reflect light without absorbing any of the color spectrum...The results being a top-coat paint-film surface usually exhibiting a glossy, bright, yet 'flat' shine...not the 'depth' or what's referred to as the 'wet-look' that black and other dark colors exhibit (These black or other dark colors do absorb some or all of the color spectrum)

IMO...One can obtain an even better gloss to a corrected CC top-coat paint-film by applying an LSP that will 'cure clear'...still allowing the BC's white color, or any other color for that matter, to still shine-through the CC paint-film and "the new top-coat-film...the LSP.

(Also IMO...Any good polymer/acrylic sealant; waxes/hybrids that include, but not limited to: P21S/S100, Souveran Sig. Series II, 3M Show Car, Meg's #26, Colly 845...comes to mind for accomplishing the above task.)

Hope this makes sense and, in some small way, helps some.

:)

Bob

Shane731
04-03-2012, 01:53 AM
On our white 2000 Honda Odyssey, here are a few combos I have tried that worked really well (listed from base coat to top coat):

(1) Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (one coat)
Dodo Juice Diamond White hard wax (one coat)
Dodo Juice Light Fantastic soft wax (one coat)

(2) Ultima Paint Guard Plus (2 coats)
Wolfgang Fuzion (one coat)

(3) Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (one coat)
Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid (one coat)

BWG707
04-04-2012, 08:48 AM
My combo for pearl white is Klasse AIO topped with Collinite 845. Afterwards, after each wash I'll aplly XMT 360 Spray Wax, I love its gloss and slickness.

fairlady350z
04-05-2012, 05:50 PM
thank you for the input everyone! I have plenty of polishes and I'm aware of the importance of a properly prepared surface to lay a LSP down to obtain optimal results. I think I'll be adding Collinite to my order, due to the percentage of people recommending it. However, I'm still going back and forth on a "beauty wax".

TimmyG
04-05-2012, 05:55 PM
I rock the PO85RD and BFWD - Works for me.

lineman
07-21-2013, 07:45 PM
I rock the PO85RD and BFWD - Works for me.
Sorry to be so late to the party but I was browsing and saw this post. I have a 2010 Ford truck that is just a plain white. I had tried a number of combinations of carnauba wax's and found an acrylic based wax will bring out the pop you are lookinf for. I used Chemical Guys V-7 and it made a big difference! Probably other acrylics that will work just as well...but that's what I used.

jlax2485
07-21-2013, 07:54 PM
I have a satin white WRX and I love the combo of WGDGPS and Dodo Diamond white hard wax, or light fantastic soft wax (basically the same thing). Looks outstanding with the pearl flake in the sun.