PDA

View Full Version : Recent scratches, what method for these?

Larry S
04-02-2012, 06:01 PM
I just did my first detail a few weeks ago with the wolfgang duo and have put WGDGPS on top. I just washed my car (2 bucket method with guards) and just noticed 2 new scratches in my passenger door panel. 1 is about 1" and the other about 4". they don't appear to be too deep.

My question is, what is the best method to correct? Do I do just a square foot or the whole door? with swirl remover or finishing glaze? I'll try the glaze first to see if that works first.

Do I use my DA or try by hand?

Thanks,
Larry Feed back please

Larry S
04-03-2012, 06:57 AM
Hi, I'm off today and would like to do some correction, a little advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Larry

rider9195
04-03-2012, 07:02 AM
Hey Larry,

I would start with the least aggressive method. Try the Finishing Glaze on a white or Black pad and see how that works. Try to just concentrate on the scratches and not the entire door panel. You could try by hand as well. I would start off with the same product Finishing Glaze and step up from that if needed. Let us know how it works out!

Mike Phillips
04-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Hey Larry,

I would start with the least aggressive method. Try the Finishing Glaze on a white or Black pad and see how that works. Try to just concentrate on the scratches and not the entire door panel. You could try by hand as well. I would start off with the same product Finishing Glaze and step up from that if needed. Let us know how it works out!

I agree wholeheartedly....

Use the least aggressive product to get the job done
Reduce the size of your footprint to the affected area

:buffing:

Larry S
04-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Just finished, and it worked great. I did just the affected area with polis first and white ccs pad by hand, and that did it.

Looks great