PDA

View Full Version : Griots Car Wash

WRXINXS
04-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Hello all,

I was just wondering what dilution ratio people use for the Griots Wash Shampoo. The bottle says 1 oz per 2 gallons. But, it also says that if used at full strength it will strip wax?

Thanks,
Drew

Gunslinger
04-02-2012, 12:03 PM
I can't answer your question on whether it will strip wax at higher concentrations...you can contact Griot's and ask that. Car washes are really designed not to do that...something like Dawn dish soap will accomplish that.

I've found that using Griot's Car Wash according to directions does an great job and I see no reason to tinker with that.

WRXINXS
04-02-2012, 03:13 PM
I can't answer your question on whether it will strip wax at higher concentrations...you can contact Griot's and ask that. Car washes are really designed not to do that...something like Dawn dish soap will accomplish that.

I've found that using Griot's Car Wash according to directions does an great job and I see no reason to tinker with that.

I'm not using at higher than 1oz/2gal. I just did not know if the instructions meant that 1oz/2 gal was the "full strength" they were talking about or if 1 oz/2 gallon was the standard wax/sealant safe recommendation.

Drew

Bunky
04-02-2012, 06:53 PM
I have only used the 1 oz per 2 gallons dilution. I never noticed the other comment.

mwoolfso
04-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Its funny how my brain works. The way the question was worded got me thinking. I am wondering if a wash being ph neutral is the key to the answer. I think if a wash is neutral then likely it wont strip an lsp. That being said, my kids and I are enjoying very weird cold symptoms. Feel free to correct folks. Wihoooooo

TornadoRed
04-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Full strength means no water. Put a small amount if soap directly on a sponge. Works great on bugs.