PDA

View Full Version : placing an order

frogwood
04-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Hey guys I'm getting ready to place my first order and wanted to see what you guys thought. I will be running a PC 7424xp for all of this stuff.

Heres the list: LC CCS 6 pack of 5.5 in pads, Meguiars clay kit, 16 oz Wolfgang Duo kit (Finishing Glaze 3.0 ,Total Swirl Remover 3.0),Poorboy’s EX Sealant,Natty’s Paste Wax-blue.

I am going to be working on my 08 victory red silverado and my 07 dark gray Nissan altima. I have a few questions I need help with. I'm trying to decide what color pads to get also the ex vs. exp and the blue or regular Natty’s they say the blue is for darker colors but I dunno if red is considered darker? Any help with that would be appreciated thanks. Feed back please

habeba86
04-02-2012, 12:35 AM
I like the mothers clay kit better than the meguairs. Alot of ppl dont like those ccs pads....some do. I have them, i really only used the green and orange ones. Ive had limited used with them as most of my details I use meguiars pads. My last order I picked up flats pads and wont go back to ccs.

h83d
04-02-2012, 04:34 AM
How about considering own combo? Much better to pick HD pads or flat pads IMO.

TimmyG
04-02-2012, 07:11 AM
If you don't already own the Meguiars DA correction system, that might be better suited for what your intentions are. I started buying up detailing supplies to detail my cars, similar to what it seems like you're doing. I bought LC flat pads, M105, M205, Menzerna, BFWD, the list goes on. I was getting some decent correction with the foam pads and the 105/205 but it wasn't quite what I wanted. Then I bought the DA system and never looked back. Meguiars has a system that is almost idiot proof - which really help a beginner like myself. That's what I'd suggest you get.

Take out the swirls, protect the finish, and do a two bucket system maintenance wash when due.

steeda
04-02-2012, 08:05 AM
I would get the flat pads instead of the ccs. I have used both and get faster results out of the flat.

frogwood
04-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Im looking at the 5.5 in pads meguiars doesn't have them that small.
Im going to look in to the flat pads vs the ccs pads.still not sure on the ex and blue though.