PDA

View Full Version : OCW,BFPS,Aquawax,Megs UQW, or V7

Pages : [1] 2

budhoehn
04-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Which is your favorite and why?

How about over BF TPnS or Blacklight for a simple AIO and topper?

I have all but the V7 and plan to get BF TPnS and/or Blacklight and possibly Crystal Seal.

faulksy
04-01-2012, 11:29 PM
I recently split my bonnet 50/50 OCW and V7. On a silver car I couldn't tell much difference between the two. I like both. OCW when I have enough time for a quick spray wax and buff. V7 when times limited. Use as a drying aid or QD after wash. Not tried the others.

The V7 I will be moving into a better spray. It needs a finer sprayer to reduce waste. I bought OCW in a gallon and use my own sprayer do don't have the waste issue.

With both less is more. 1-2 sprays for small panels like doors and 2-4 for larger panels. V7 being QD is more giving if use too much as OWC. I however don't regard this as a negative for OCW as is a timely reminder that using too much product and wasting money.

Haven't used the others but heard nothing but good with Aquawax

john b
04-01-2012, 11:51 PM
been useing aqua wax as a drying aid for bf rinseless-very nice combo

HellDemon
04-02-2012, 12:44 AM
I'm interested into hearing about the BFPS.

I have a gallon of OCW and V7; OCW>V7, but as previously mentioned, if you're short on time, then go with V7; it's an excellent drying aid and protects in 1 step.
You won't notice V7 slickness right away though; give it a couple of hours and it'll increase like mad.

OCW is just hands down awesome; lasts long, super easy to use, doesn't streak, looks great, and you don't need too much.

silverfox
04-02-2012, 05:19 AM
I don't think you can generalize this category. Some toppers which I classify these as.... Look and act better depending on the foundation underneath. V7 can't be beat over Blacklight but not so great over collinite for example. My favorite in terms of what looks great on my car right now is surprisingly enough none of these... Its xmt 360 spray wax. Toppers in my view are combination products and not so much stand alone products. They all have different results depending on what they are being used in combination with.

budhoehn
04-02-2012, 11:52 AM
I will stay Blackfire with Blackfire and if I get Blacklight I will use V7. I guess my question now would be do I even new OCW, Meg UQW, or Aquawax? I like the idea of an AIO and topper then retop after washes. Polymer spray and V7 are pricey.

embolism
04-02-2012, 12:49 PM
stick with the OCW then. Optimum says it can be used as a stand alone so would probably be best to top an AIO for those jobs where time is limited but you want to give the client the longest protection possible...

FUNX650
04-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Meg's UQW...because it does what it says it will do on the label.

(Is this due to Meguiar's using their proprietary ESP's in another of their sprayable detailing products?)

IMO...Great WOWO product that won't break the bank.

:)

Bob

Eandras
04-02-2012, 06:08 PM
I like the ultimate quick wax as an in between detail after washing. Meg ultimate liquid wax is preferred as well. I use the OTC stuff due to availability.

Ed

ScottB
04-02-2012, 06:13 PM
I recently split my bonnet 50/50 OCW and V7. On a silver car I couldn't tell much difference between the two. I like both. OCW when I have enough time for a quick spray wax and buff. V7 when times limited. Use as a drying aid or QD after wash. Not tried the others.

The V7 I will be moving into a better spray. It needs a finer sprayer to reduce waste. I bought OCW in a gallon and use my own sprayer do don't have the waste issue.

With both less is more. 1-2 sprays for small panels like doors and 2-4 for larger panels. V7 being QD is more giving if use too much as OWC. I however don't regard this as a negative for OCW as is a timely reminder that using too much product and wasting money.

Haven't used the others but heard nothing but good with Aquawax

I found Optimum Car Wax to look better (more metallic) and bead much longer than V7 , although I wanted more from V7 considering it was a spray sealant.

budhoehn
04-03-2012, 03:25 PM
I like the way they all look really. I would like to have one or two combos to use. One will be BFTPnS with poly seal and maybe crystal seal and the other I am open to advice. I do have a bottle of 845 so maybe that with OCW and/or UQW but can I use TPnS under that or something else? I assume Aquawax has the least durability of the bunch. That is a concern for me when doing someone else's vehicle.

Too many topper choices. Any other combos I should try? I think I may try Blacklight and V7 still, anyone got samples to trade?

bobble
04-03-2012, 04:04 PM
" I assume Aquawax has the least durability of the bunch. That is a concern for me when doing someone else's vehicle."

Not sure why you say this as I've found that to be the opposite of most sprayable toppers/sealants/waxes. I've had better luck with AW than OCW but have not used the newer version as I like AW and can get it on the cheap. I use it as a drying aide a lot. As a topper durability takes a back seat to ease of use, looks and value for me. As a standalone whole different story.

Black Car
04-07-2012, 02:56 PM
OCW streaks way to much on dark cars. Aquawax is by far the most versatile of all spray waxes & sealants.

budhoehn
04-07-2012, 03:57 PM
These are the combos I am going to try, let me know what you think.

Blackfire TPnS with Crystal seal or BFWD topped with Polymer Sealant
Duragloss 601/105/501 (some combo of these) topped with Aquawax
D151 topped with OCW

willtothewong
03-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead....

But like what "Black Car" said, it does streak on my Black G35, not often but it does every now and then.

I really wanted V7 to offer more protection because its very easy to use and less is more but I feel OCW bests V7 in both initial slickness and durability.

I am running out of my gallon on OCW and am torn between buying another gallon or go with a gallon of V7....oh decisions...