PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use chemical guys eco pod???

Pages : [1] 2 3

rustytruck
04-01-2012, 03:41 PM
In my mobile detailing business I'm only going to be doing onr washes,but i like the idea of the Eco pod for those times i want to spray a onr/water mix. I like the concept no cords no flooded driveway to work in. I don't mind spending the money if i knew it was a decent machine. has anyone used it with any success?

rustytruck
04-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Ok so I see It's not so popular,anybody have any experience with the mytee big boss?

RhetoricMixes
04-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Im going to subscribe to this thread since ive been looking into a battery powdered sprayer for some time now. The eco pod is a bit pricy and the nomad from AG doesnt have the capacity i need.

rustytruck
04-01-2012, 07:36 PM
It look's like I may have to be the guinea pig for the whole auto geek community I'll wait till mid week for some feedback if not I may order one.

Chris Thomas
04-01-2012, 07:53 PM
I tried the machine at SEMA. It is very nice and may be the ticket for mobile guys. Paul said it has a laptop type battery the will run over 20 hours and the mist pattern is a fan so that you don't get any where you've already washed.

rustytruck
04-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Chris have you guys ever tested any of your stuff thru it I'm thinking of using it with onr. what do you think?

RhetoricMixes
04-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Chris have you guys ever tested any of your stuff thru it I'm thinking of using it with onr. what do you think?

My thoughts exactly! Ive been thinking of getting one of these just so i dont have to rock the bucket method with ONR. Could this be done Chris?

Chris Thomas
04-02-2012, 03:08 PM
I don't see any reason why you couldn't use the product of your choice since the thing uses such professional grade parts...however, I would have a rubber gasket kit of backups because ANY cleaner will eventually take these out and you never know when. All the gaskets I saw can be found in the pressure washer section of most hardware stores.

recline
01-23-2013, 12:39 AM
bump, has anyone used the pod yet? is it effective? worth the $500?!

rolop6
02-04-2013, 02:25 AM
Check this out, much cheaper and does the same thing.
CountyLine Spot Sprayer, 5 gal. - 1013081 | Tractor Supply Company (http://www.tractorsupply.com/countyline-reg-spot-sprayer-5-gal--1013081)
I bought it a while back, but then got a different set up and returned it. Works ok for the price.

Jrocket
02-05-2013, 02:15 PM
I'm heavily considering purchasing one of these on Friday!!

Looks like a Great Idea and I'm all about not having to lug around and refill water and a huge pressure washer , clean up etc...

I figure I can Use this and always carry around my buckets along w/ ONR and the rest of my arsenal to tackle more problematic wheels and what not.

I will still keep a hose in my trailer in the case of using the Clients water but I'm really Interested in the Eco Pod .. Just called and got a price from them shipped to Fl. A lil pricey but I think It's worth it and will pay for itself over time.. :dblthumb2:

Wonder if they would give us a special price if a few people ordered

Chemical Guys POW_01 - Cordless Eco Friendly Waterless Detailing Pod & 2 Gallons of EcoSmart (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical_Guys_POW_01_Cordless_Eco_Friendly_Water_p/pow_01.htm)

Jrocket
02-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Did a lot of research on google. chemical guys website and other auto forums and can't seem to find out much about the

CG Ecopod

Really want this system but wondering if it's worth the $$$

I dig the setup and if it actually cleans well and doesn't scratch or mar the paint then This looks amazing!

I'm all about traditional washes for certain times but I'm also trying to look for Mobile alternatives as well as time saving solutions and more Eco friendly products

So if anyone has any input on the pod or has used one before please give your feedback

THANKS

g26er
02-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Didn't see this mentioned already

Mytee has 2 machines that are very similar. One is battery operated and the other by 110v.

Eco friendly sprayers - Mytee Products, Inc. (http://www.mytee.com/product-cat/auto/eco-friendly-sprayers-auto/)

I've been looking at these for a while but just a bit much for me to bite.

g26er
02-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Check this out, much cheaper and does the same thing.
CountyLine Spot Sprayer, 5 gal. - 1013081 | Tractor Supply Company (http://www.tractorsupply.com/countyline-reg-spot-sprayer-5-gal--1013081)
I bought it a while back, but then got a different set up and returned it. Works ok for the price.

That's looks nice. Thanks for the link. :xyxthumbs:

rustytruck
02-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Just sent you a
pm