PDA

View Full Version : Griots DA

Ryansdetailing
04-01-2012, 10:07 AM
My Griots DA just stopped working in the middle of a correction. It did not just shutdown..it slowly stopped spinning and wont turn back on. Im using between 15-20 lbs of pressure. Anyone know what caused this? or how to fix it?

Tundra_10
04-01-2012, 10:26 AM
how long have you been using it? almost sounds like the brushes on the motor might be worn out? Or the switch might have died? Stupid question... do you need it to finish the correction and are you getting paid for it? If not I would just pack it up and send it to griots. If you are in dyer need. I might open it up, get a volt meter and start at the switch and see if you are loosing power anywhere. If not then see if you can find some replacement brushes somewhere locally. If else, apologize to client and reschedule so you can send back for repair work?

Ryansdetailing
04-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Ive only used it about 5 times, i plugged it back in, it made some noises like it wanted to run but then died. Im just about done correcting getting ready to polish. I will use my rotary to finish the correcting and polish by hand if i have to. Hell yea im getting paid for it, haha no free services at this shop! Ill just send it to griots, i forgot its under lifetime warranty.

Tundra_10
04-01-2012, 10:56 AM
^^ I was not sure if you were doing a correction on your own car or family member or close friend, or something like that which is why I asked about you getting paid. yeah if you have a rotary you can use I would leave it be and send it to griots. no sense in possibly voiding your warranty if you have a back up

Ryansdetailing
04-01-2012, 10:59 AM
haha no i understand! It will be on its way to griots tomorrow.

PerezDetailing
04-01-2012, 11:42 AM
I had to do the same thing. My Griots and Dewalt did it on back to back weeks. 1 month later I still don't have either back. Always get the same answer, waiting on parts. So now I have a Flex and Porter Cable.

jeepnxj3
04-01-2012, 11:44 AM
I had the same problem with two different griots machines. The same happened right in the middle of me correcting my car (still not done by the way). I never got any reason behind it. I have decided to cut my losses and get a flex eventually.

Ryansdetailing
04-01-2012, 01:38 PM
You got to be kidding me! I am booked until may! I can not be without a DA! Is it possible to get my money back from AGO and buy a pc or flex.

BobbyG
04-01-2012, 01:53 PM
You got to be kidding me! I am booked until may! I can not be without a DA! Is it possible to get my money back from AGO and buy a pc or flex.

If you recently purchased it through Autogeek, give one of the customer folks a call tomorrow and see if they can credit that amount toward another manufacturer of polisher as indicated above.....:props:

Ryansdetailing
04-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Will do that..thankyou! Quick question...never liked using a rotary but have no choice now..going to finish this this truck up with some 205 and top it off with 845. Would i be better off applying them by hand?

mbkite
04-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Mine has a case of the wobbly head
The bearing went south and never returned.