PDA

View Full Version : Why to use IronX on any car ! ?

Pages : [1] 2

Avi@CarPro
04-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Hi Guys

i thought share this with you,
this is a completely brand new Citroen DS3 car , had its nylon still attached on it(front bonnet)
and came for full detailing at one of our dealer in Netherlands

check this out :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N1X-gO-eAw]IronX on a brand new Citroen DS3 - YouTube[/video]

so even if you think the car is new , please advise your customers its still very contaminated. !

BobbyG
04-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Nice video Avi! :props:

How important is it to thoroughly wash the vehicle and wheels before using Iron-X to decontaminate?

CEE DOG
04-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Woohoo! Great video Avi

TimmyG
04-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Holy contamination batman

bimmerchuck
04-01-2012, 09:38 AM
First off, I have only used this on my wheels so far, but with outstanding results. It followed my Sonax FE. I used about 2/3's of the 500ml bottle on 3 of the wheels. Removed them to get back side thoroughly, but it started to rain hence only 3 of the 4. Ordered the 1 liter this morning, but I have to ask how much did you use on that car? I have got mine and my wifes car to do, so trying to figure out how much of this I will end up using.

BTW, forgot to mention I love this plus the TarX. I waited too long to order the TarX on bogo as it ran out of stock.

Avi@CarPro
04-01-2012, 12:06 PM

How important is it to thoroughly wash the vehicle and wheels before using Iron-X to decontaminate?the truth.. its not that important to wash the car before, or to rinse it even... use the ironx before the whole procedure and it will work very well also.

Woohoo! Great video Avi
Thank you Corey , impressive no??

First off, I have only used this on my wheels so far, but with outstanding results. It followed my Sonax FE. I used about 2/3's of the 500ml bottle on 3 of the wheels. Removed them to get back side thoroughly, but it started to rain hence only 3 of the 4. Ordered the 1 liter this morning, but I have to ask how much did you use on that car? I have got mine and my wifes car to do, so trying to figure out how much of this I will end up using.

BTW, forgot to mention I love this plus the TarX. I waited too long to order the TarX on bogo as it ran out of stock.
you are using way to much!!! for average car you need 150~200ml maximum including wheels.. on each wheel 3 ~4 squirts are enough. each trigger squeeze is 1.5ml consumption.
if your wheels are very dirty , use cheap wheel cleaner first and keep the ironX for last step cleaning.

poweraid
04-01-2012, 01:18 PM
after spraying IX and letting it dwell a little is it important to actually wash/rub it in with a sponge? I thought I read this in some instructions . or is letting it dwell as u can obviously see its doing the work good enough ?

Avi@CarPro
04-02-2012, 05:37 AM
after spraying IX and letting it dwell a little is it important to actually wash/rub it in with a sponge? I thought I read this in some instructions . or is letting it dwell as u can obviously see its doing the work good enough ?
IronX is a pre wash step.. so washing the car after is always advised.
let it work /dwell for 5 min.. then rinse/wash it after.

TimmyG
04-02-2012, 07:13 AM
IronX is a pre wash step.. so washing the car after is always advised.
let it work /dwell for 5 min.. then rinse/wash it after.

Iron X is a pre wash step even when the car is dirty? Just curious

CaneCharger
04-02-2012, 07:17 AM
WHOA - I might have to get this!

FUNX650
04-02-2012, 08:08 AM
if your wheels are very dirty , use cheap wheel cleaner first and keep the ironX for last step cleaning.

Sorry Avi...
But which cheap wheel cleaner do you recommend using that would be "safe" (not harm) the quite varied "wheel-types"?

Thanks.

:)

Bob

Mike Phillips
04-02-2012, 08:13 AM

How important is it to thoroughly wash the vehicle and wheels before using Iron-X to decontaminate?

In all my classes, I now show thoroughly washing and rinsing the car first to remove any loose dirt and roadgrime off the paint.

Remove all the dirt and any film off the surface first and this will enable the Iron-X to more easily do it's job unhindered...

I think using Iron-X or any product like Iron-X should be included in any detail session as I think it's that important. When I update my first book and in any second book I will include and endorse tis procedure. It just makes good common sense.

Paperback
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/715/medium/paperbackDetailingBook01.jpg (http://www.autogeek.net/art-of-detailing-paperback-book.html)

Thanks for sharing Avi and driving hope the point that you never know what's on or in the paint no matter how new or old the car.

:dblthumb2:

Jomax
04-02-2012, 09:05 AM
In all my classes, I now show thoroughly washing and rinsing the car first to remove any loose dirt and roadgrime off the paint.

Remove all the dirt and any film off the surface first and this will enable the Iron-X to more easily do it's job unhindered...

I think using Iron-X or any product like Iron-X should be included in any detail session as I think it's that important. When I update my first book and in any second book I will include and endorse tis procedure. It just makes good common sense.

Paperback
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/715/medium/paperbackDetailingBook01.jpg (http://www.autogeek.net/art-of-detailing-paperback-book.html)

Thanks for sharing Avi and driving hope the point that you never know what's on or in the paint no matter how new or old the car.

When's the updated book coming out? I want to order your book, but if a new one is coming I'll wait if it isn't too long :)

KneeDragr
04-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Iron X is a pre wash step even when the car is dirty? Just curious

I think he means, you MUST wash the car after Iron X to wash it off the paint, so if you are only going to wash it once, do the Iron X first.

But if you wash first, then Iron X, you must follow with another wash.

Mike Phillips
04-02-2012, 10:06 AM
When's the updated book coming out? I want to order your book, but if a new one is coming I'll wait if it isn't too long :)

Probably not for another year so might as well get the first edition now...